ST61G4B shuts down at Partition creation screen during Win..

alex

I've got a WD800JB IDE(not SATA) hard drive, Lite On combo drive,
512MB Geil RAM. Hard drive(which is new, blank and unformatted) and
CDrom are recognized fine in BIOS. Setup continues normally until I
reach the screen where it asks about creating a partition(right after
you hit F8 to agree to Microsoft's terms of service agreement). A
second or so after reaching that screen, the whole thing just shuts
down. I don't even know where to start with this one guys: / Any
ideas? Thanks SO MUCH!

Alex

alex

Forgot to mention - sometimes it shuts down on the screen before that,
which prompts you if you want to install a fresh copy of windows or
run the recovery console - I just have to wait a few extra seconds.
Also, if somehow it doesn't shutdown, it will also freeze up(or at
least nothing happens when I press F8) on the terms of service screen.