Can AK32 board handle XP-2600 cpu?

Has anyone put an XP 2600 (the 266 bus version) in an AK32 motherboard? I
currently have an XP 2000 and this would seem to be the last upgrade for
this particular board since a 266 bus is as fast as it goes. I'm wondering
if it will properly ID the cpu. Thanks

"There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
- (Calvin and Hobbes)
2 answers Last reply
More about ak32 board handle 2600
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    I think I read that your AK32 (no letters afterwards) only handles up to
    133MHz 13x AMD Athlon XP 2100+
    information obtained here:
    http://www.shuttle.com/hq/support/faq/supportlist2.asp?model=AK32&vr=AK32%20(V1.x)
    or
    http://www.shuttle.com/hq/support/faq/mainboard/mb.asp

    later,
    dave

    "EGK" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Has anyone put an XP 2600 (the 266 bus version) in an AK32 motherboard? I
    > currently have an XP 2000 and this would seem to be the last upgrade for
    > this particular board since a 266 bus is as fast as it goes. I'm
    > wondering
    > if it will properly ID the cpu. Thanks
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Oops. Mine is the AK32E board. Your second link answered my question
    though. The XP-2600 cpu is listed. Thanks.

    On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:15:08 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1" <vwdoc1@ameritech.net>
    wrote:

    >I think I read that your AK32 (no letters afterwards) only handles up to
    >133MHz 13x AMD Athlon XP 2100+
    >information obtained here:
    >http://www.shuttle.com/hq/support/faq/supportlist2.asp?model=AK32&vr=AK32%20(V1.x)
    >or
    >http://www.shuttle.com/hq/support/faq/mainboard/mb.asp
    >
    >later,
    >dave
    >
    >"EGK" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone put an XP 2600 (the 266 bus version) in an AK32 motherboard? I
    >> currently have an XP 2000 and this would seem to be the last upgrade for
    >> this particular board since a 266 bus is as fast as it goes. I'm
    >> wondering
    >> if it will properly ID the cpu. Thanks

    "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
    didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
    - (Calvin and Hobbes)

Shuttle Bus CPUs Motherboards Windows XP