What does this drive message mean?

This morning when I turned my PC on it failed to boot up saying that my
"Secondary Master drive" was ATAPI incompatable? What ever does this mean?
This drive has worked every day for at least a year. As if to proove the
point I tried booting up again by pressing reset & this time it booted up
without a problem. Shouls I me conserned about this message?

Thanks in adavance
1 answer Last reply
More about what drive message mean

    I would be.

    It could be a ignorable hiccup, but in my experience, these are indicitive
    of impending drive failiure.

    I'd make sure that anything on that drive was backed up.

    As an aside, the secondary master is usually an optical (CD-rom etc)

    Matt Gibson - GSEC

    "Confused" <pgregory99@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > This morning when I turned my PC on it failed to boot up saying that my
    > "Secondary Master drive" was ATAPI incompatable? What ever does this
    > mean? This drive has worked every day for at least a year. As if to
    > proove the point I tried booting up again by pressing reset & this time it
    > booted up without a problem. Shouls I me conserned about this message?
    >
    > Thanks in adavance

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP