What does this drive message mean?

Confused

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

This morning when I turned my PC on it failed to boot up saying that my
"Secondary Master drive" was ATAPI incompatable? What ever does this mean?
This drive has worked every day for at least a year. As if to proove the
point I tried booting up again by pressing reset & this time it booted up
without a problem. Shouls I me conserned about this message?

Thanks in adavance

I would be.

It could be a ignorable hiccup, but in my experience, these are indicitive
of impending drive failiure.

I'd make sure that anything on that drive was backed up.

As an aside, the secondary master is usually an optical (CD-rom etc)

Matt Gibson - GSEC