good video card for SB62G2

I have a sb62g2 with a P4 2 ghz cpu, two seagate barracuda drives (80 GB
and 160GB). Windows XP Pro is installed. I plan to replace the power
supply with a SilentX 250w and I would like to install a new video card
at the same time.

Quiet is important to me. I don't need stellar graphics but the on board
graphics isn't cutting it. I want a smooth and fast redraw, with
reasonable rendering of video files.

What would be a good choice of vid card?

TIA,

bh

"bad hair" <nospam@invalid.com> wrote in message
>I have a sb62g2 with a P4 2 ghz cpu, two seagate barracuda drives (80
>GB
> and 160GB). Windows XP Pro is installed. I plan to replace the power
> supply with a SilentX 250w and I would like to install a new video
> card
> at the same time.
>
> Quiet is important to me. I don't need stellar graphics but the on
> board
> graphics isn't cutting it. I want a smooth and fast redraw, with
> reasonable rendering of video files.
>
> What would be a good choice of vid card?

Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT. Good price (especially the lite retail
version with no games included), runs Doom 3, draws hardly any power
(just AGP slot power, no extra required), tiny little fan that you
can't hear unless you stick your head right next to the case.

In article <1096310485.1852.0@echo.uk.clara.net>,
"I like toys and cake" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> "bad hair" <nospam@invalid.com> wrote in message
> > What would be a good choice of vid card?
>
> Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT. Good price (especially the lite retail
> version with no games included), runs Doom 3, draws hardly any power
> (just AGP slot power, no extra required), tiny little fan that you
> can't hear unless you stick your head right next to the case.

Thanks!