Access to CD Drive Restricted

When I try to play a CD in my CD player I get this error....This
operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.

I logged on to another user and problem disappeared.

It may be related to Roxio.

What registry change will fix this?

Sounds like your first user isn't an administrator.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

<irandolph@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I try to play a CD in my CD player I get this error....This
> operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
> computer.
>
> I logged on to another user and problem disappeared.
>
> It may be related to Roxio.
>
> What registry change will fix this?

Ah, Roxio one of my favorites. Go to their website and see if they have
updates for your version.
<irandolph@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I try to play a CD in my CD player I get this error....This
> operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
> computer.
>
> I logged on to another user and problem disappeared.
>
> It may be related to Roxio.
>
> What registry change will fix this?

Thanks, Guys....I am the administrator...I have the latest Roxio S/W
and I have them an e-mail. Thought maybe the was a registry I could
change.

I have the same situation with a sandisk cruzer micro 512MB running on IBM
r40, win xp pro. I'm an administrator and everything worked fine until last
week the computer suddenly does not show the removable drive anymore.
The device is showing on 'disk mamagement' and when I try to access from
there it says "operation cancelled due to restrictions..."
suggestions?

"Ophir" <ophir@compucallnospam.co.il> wrote in message
>I have the same situation with a sandisk cruzer micro 512MB running on IBM
> r40, win xp pro. I'm an administrator and everything worked fine until
> last
> week the computer suddenly does not show the removable drive anymore.
> The device is showing on 'disk mamagement' and when I try to access from
> there it says "operation cancelled due to restrictions..."
> suggestions?

Maybe this helps?.....

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

r.