SN85G4LV2 Onboard LAN and Sound fails at 41C -Shuttle = ba..

Posting my experience with this barebones system I purchased from
Shuttle directly. All parts were purchased with Shuttle's
recommendation on what to put inside the system as compatible. AMD
3200+ 1MBL2, 2x512 Corsair, EVA 6800 GEForce Vid Card, 160GB SATA HD,
NEC optical drive. When system temp reaches 41C the onboard LAN drops
and the onboard sound becomes patchy and music sounds skippy. Can
reproduce this problem every single time.

In good faith, I contacted Shuttle and received an RMA for a
replacement. They sent back a USED barebones with missing parts! I
was missing a cd-rom cable and the serial ATA cable. Not only that,
but the inside of the case is heavily scratched and there is a bend in
one of the heat sink pipes. I bought a BRAND NEW system from Shuttle
and they sent me back a used, incomplete system that I can't even put
together.

What am I supposed to do now??? Shuttle will most likely say that I
did all the scratches and I lost the cables. How can I prove that
this is how they sent it to me? My goodness - this is a NEW system I
purchased. And I paid FULL retail. I feel so swindled.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have everything documented. I also
took pictures of the used system they sent me as a replacement. What
recourse do I have? What can a customer do in this case?

"d3b_k" <debnla@gmail.com> píse v diskusním príspevku
> Posting my experience with this barebones system I purchased from
> Shuttle directly. All parts were purchased with Shuttle's
> recommendation on what to put inside the system as compatible. AMD
> 3200+ 1MBL2, 2x512 Corsair, EVA 6800 GEForce Vid Card, 160GB SATA HD,
> NEC optical drive. When system temp reaches 41C the onboard LAN drops
> and the onboard sound becomes patchy and music sounds skippy. Can
> reproduce this problem every single time.

AFAIK, LAN is design problem - mine does the same thing. I have read a
couple of threads about this issue.

In the end, I just have added PCI LAN card and forgot about the issue.

Anyway, I hear about the sound for the first time. Thanks God, mine seems to
work OK (I am just running Prime95, case is at 48C, CPU 65C and sound seems
to sound normal...

I hope I will not screw it by adding 6800 :) (I am using my old Ti4200 now).

Mirek

I bought 2 85G4v2 ( one for me, on for a friend ), and both had the same LAN
problem. No way to connect.
The local provider ( in Korea ) changed the mobo sent by shuttle, and the
problem is solved now.
It was a realtek Lan chipset controlled by the nForce chipset issue.
Therefore, I had 2 additionnal fan close of the chipset and the voltage
regulator unit, and I use speedfan to control them.
I keep a 45°C CPU, 41°C mobo and 47°C HDD temp. For normal use, fan's
working in the range 0~15%, and are no so much noisy

"d3b_k" <debnla@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Posting my experience with this barebones system I purchased from
> Shuttle directly. All parts were purchased with Shuttle's
> recommendation on what to put inside the system as compatible. AMD
> 3200+ 1MBL2, 2x512 Corsair, EVA 6800 GEForce Vid Card, 160GB SATA HD,
> NEC optical drive. When system temp reaches 41C the onboard LAN drops
> and the onboard sound becomes patchy and music sounds skippy. Can
> reproduce this problem every single time.
>
> In good faith, I contacted Shuttle and received an RMA for a
> replacement. They sent back a USED barebones with missing parts! I
> was missing a cd-rom cable and the serial ATA cable. Not only that,
> but the inside of the case is heavily scratched and there is a bend in
> one of the heat sink pipes. I bought a BRAND NEW system from Shuttle
> and they sent me back a used, incomplete system that I can't even put
> together.
>
> What am I supposed to do now??? Shuttle will most likely say that I
> did all the scratches and I lost the cables. How can I prove that
> this is how they sent it to me? My goodness - this is a NEW system I
> purchased. And I paid FULL retail. I feel so swindled.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions? I have everything documented. I also
> took pictures of the used system they sent me as a replacement. What
> recourse do I have? What can a customer do in this case?

TRENDING THREADS