Sound quality SB81P anyone?

Hi everyone!

I'm considering going for a SB81P for all-round use, which includes
programming, Internet, video & gaming. It's clear to me that the
onboard GMA900 can't compete with PCI-express graphics cards, but how
about the onboard sound? Is it good enough for some casual gaming? Does
it put a high strain on the CPU?

Regards,
Evert
1 answer Last reply
More about sound quality sb81p anyone
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    On 29 Sep 2004 02:38:18 -0700, "Evert" <meulie@gmail.com> wrote:

    >I'm considering going for a SB81P for all-round use, which includes
    >programming, Internet, video & gaming. It's clear to me that the
    >onboard GMA900 can't compete with PCI-express graphics cards, but how
    >about the onboard sound? Is it good enough for some casual gaming? Does
    >it put a high strain on the CPU?

    It's preatty ok. Not much drawn from the CPU. The Intel HDA-solution
    is one of the better integrated solutions.

    --
    Clas Mehus
    Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/

Gaming Motherboards