  • Gaming
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
September 29, 2004 6:38:18 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm considering going for a SB81P for all-round use, which includes
programming, Internet, video & gaming. It's clear to me that the
onboard GMA900 can't compete with PCI-express graphics cards, but how
about the onboard sound? Is it good enough for some casual gaming? Does
it put a high strain on the CPU?

Regards,
Evert

More about : sound quality sb81p

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
September 29, 2004 8:05:29 PM

On 29 Sep 2004 02:38:18 -0700, "Evert" <meulie@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm considering going for a SB81P for all-round use, which includes
>programming, Internet, video & gaming. It's clear to me that the
>onboard GMA900 can't compete with PCI-express graphics cards, but how
>about the onboard sound? Is it good enough for some casual gaming? Does
>it put a high strain on the CPU?

It's preatty ok. Not much drawn from the CPU. The Intel HDA-solution
is one of the better integrated solutions.

--
Clas Mehus
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/