I got the same problem while my USB devices, either flashdisk or card
reader, can't be recognized by WinXP Pro SP2, i'm using Asus P4P800SE + P4
Prescott 3.2Ghz (overclocked to 3.5Ghz) + Kingston 1Gb (DDR266 dual
channel).
When i was using MSI K7N420Pro + AthlonXP 2000 and the same DDR, there's no
problem while connectin any USB devices into this CPU.
Is it because of Asus MB or WinXP Pro? i tried to uninstall it and then scan
hardware change, and still ..... won't work.
Need help guys....

yudi

Have you check your BIOS and see if all the USB connectors are enabled?
Have you tried to plug the device on the other usb connectors?
Did you even connect the usb cables properly on the mb?
Have you considered that the usb ports on the mb could be defective?

"Michael Kho" wrote:

> I got the same problem while my USB devices, either flashdisk or card
> reader, can't be recognized by WinXP Pro SP2, i'm using Asus P4P800SE + P4
> Prescott 3.2Ghz (overclocked to 3.5Ghz) + Kingston 1Gb (DDR266 dual
> channel).
> When i was using MSI K7N420Pro + AthlonXP 2000 and the same DDR, there's no
> problem while connectin any USB devices into this CPU.
> Is it because of Asus MB or WinXP Pro? i tried to uninstall it and then scan
> hardware change, and still ..... won't work.
> Need help guys....
>
> yudi

checked the BIOS and USB connectors are all enabled
plug 2 my USB devices on any USB connectors.
checked the connection and reconnected the usb cables on mb.
i considered, but all usb's failed to connect.

The only thing that work are Microsoft SideWinder (USB) and Scanner (USB), i
guess it got problem with only USB FlashDisk.

reflashed the BIOS with the previous version, and still not working

any more idea, smiling face?

Michael Kho Wrote:
> checked the BIOS and USB connectors are all enabled
> plug 2 my USB devices on any USB connectors.
> checked the connection and reconnected the usb cables on mb.
> i considered, but all usb's failed to connect.
>
> The only thing that work are Microsoft SideWinder (USB) and Scanner
> (USB), i
> guess it got problem with only USB FlashDisk.
>
> reflashed the BIOS with the previous version, and still not working
>
> any more idea, smiling face?
>

> "Smiling face" Smilingface@discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
> Have you check your BIOS and see if all the USB connectors are
> enabled?
> Have you tried to plug the device on the other usb connectors?
> Did you even connect the usb cables properly on the mb?
> Have you considered that the usb ports on the mb could be defective?
>
> "Michael Kho" wrote:
> -
> I got the same problem while my USB devices, either flashdisk or card
> reader, can't be recognized by WinXP Pro SP2, i'm using Asus P4P800SE
> +
> P4
> Prescott 3.2Ghz (overclocked to 3.5Ghz) + Kingston 1Gb (DDR266 dual
> channel).
> When i was using MSI K7N420Pro + AthlonXP 2000 and the same DDR,
> there's
> no
> problem while connectin any USB devices into this CPU.
> Is it because of Asus MB or WinXP Pro? i tried to uninstall it and
> then
> scan
> hardware change, and still ..... won't work.
> Need help guys....
>
> yudi
>

> --

Hey Michael,
You didn't happen to update to SP2 with these devices plugged in did
you?
I've noticed on other forums that this caused problems.
Treeman

--
Treeman

can you inform me which forum? it will be really helpfull

I install from Home Edition, and then clean upgrade with XP Pro SP2, so i
didn't update into SP2.

i think it's the problem with XP Pro, but not sure...so that i'd like to get
some help from you all.

anyway, thanx treeman

yudi