Stupid QuickBoot question...

I remember reading somewhere way back when that the Windows "QuickBoot"
feature deferred some diagnostics until after the OS has booted. Is this
the case, and if so, which diagnostics?

I need to know where to find this info so I can troubleshoot a machine
that is most likely to crash within an hour if no user has logged in
yet, but will stay up for at least a day if someone logs in as soon as
he is able.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

It simply bypasses checking for serial devices at startup.

"Brian Cowan" wrote:

> I remember reading somewhere way back when that the Windows "QuickBoot"
> feature deferred some diagnostics until after the OS has booted. Is this
> the case, and if so, which diagnostics?
>
> I need to know where to find this info so I can troubleshoot a machine
> that is most likely to crash within an hour if no user has logged in
> yet, but will stay up for at least a day if someone logs in as soon as
> he is able.

This setting is usually found in the bios.