Laptop screen for PC

Hi.
A friend of mine uses a normal PC monitor connected to her laptop.
Is it possible to do the opposite?
My sister has been using a laptop which is running out of space and hasn't
got much memory. She's been given quite a good Computer with a mouse and
keyboard but no monitor. Could she somehow connect the pc to the laptop to
use its screen?
More about laptop screen

    Most likely not.The laptop screen does not connect with any
    standard type of plug so you'd need to do major hardware
    changes and then there is the issue of the drives.

    The LCD flat-panel monitors that are sold or a CRT are her
    best options.

    "JB" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    | Hi.
    | A friend of mine uses a normal PC monitor connected to her
    laptop.
    | Is it possible to do the opposite?
    | My sister has been using a laptop which is running out of
    space and hasn't
    | got much memory. She's been given quite a good Computer
    with a mouse and
    | keyboard but no monitor. Could she somehow connect the pc
    to the laptop to
    | use its screen?

    Very nice used 17" monitors can be had for around $20 or even less, now that
    everyone is going to LCD.

    > Most likely not.The laptop screen does not connect with any
    > standard type of plug so you'd need to do major hardware
    > changes and then there is the issue of the drives.
    >
    > The LCD flat-panel monitors that are sold or a CRT are her
    > best options.

    > "JB" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > | Hi.
    > | A friend of mine uses a normal PC monitor connected to her
    > laptop.
    > | Is it possible to do the opposite?
    > | My sister has been using a laptop which is running out of
    > space and hasn't
    > | got much memory. She's been given quite a good Computer
    > with a mouse and
    > | keyboard but no monitor. Could she somehow connect the pc
    > to the laptop to
    > | use its screen?

    She has no room for a monitor and no money for a flat screen.
    Thanks for your replies. Too bad. At least we can eliminate that
    possibility.

    "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    > Very nice used 17" monitors can be had for around $20 or even less, now
    > that
    > everyone is going to LCD.
    >
    > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
    >> Most likely not.The laptop screen does not connect with any
    >> standard type of plug so you'd need to do major hardware
    >> changes and then there is the issue of the drives.
    >>
    >> The LCD flat-panel monitors that are sold or a CRT are her
    >> best options.
    >>

    >> --
    >> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    >> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    >>

    >> "JB" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >> | Hi.
    >> | A friend of mine uses a normal PC monitor connected to her
    >> laptop.
    >> | Is it possible to do the opposite?
    >> | My sister has been using a laptop which is running out of
    >> space and hasn't
    >> | got much memory. She's been given quite a good Computer
    >> with a mouse and
    >> | keyboard but no monitor. Could she somehow connect the pc
    >> to the laptop to
    >> | use its screen?

Laptops Laptop Screen Monitors Windows XP