Windows XP ignoring my dvd-rw, bios is OK??

Marty

The Bios detects my TDK dvd-rw but windows does not. Any ideas?
Device manager shows no errors, and no dvd burner!!

Thanks, Marty.

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, ­Code 32,
Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Wi­ndows XP

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
[Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]

2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value,
if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need
to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP