Windows XP ignoring my dvd-rw, bios is OK??

The Bios detects my TDK dvd-rw but windows does not. Any ideas?
Device manager shows no errors, and no dvd burner!!

Thanks, Marty.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows ignoring bios

    CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, ­Code 32,
    Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Wi­ndows XP

    To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

    1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    [Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]

    2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

    3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

    4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

    5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

    6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value,
    if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need
    to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

    7. Restart your computer.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "marty" wrote:

    | The Bios detects my TDK dvd-rw but windows does not. Any ideas?
    | Device manager shows no errors, and no dvd burner!!
    |
    | Thanks, Marty.

    Thanks, I will give that a shot straight away!

    Thanks again, Marty.

BIOS DVD RW Windows XP