Marco

Ive just installed windows xp pro and now my tiscali adsl modem switches
itself off when I search the net. Ive tried installing new chipset driver,
ive also replaced the adsl modem. On my device manager I have an ! next to
pci simple communication controller, I cant seem to get rid of it. Any Ideas
--
:cool:

If you r ADSL modem needs an RJ-45 cable to connect it to your PC, then you
need to install the correct network adapter drivers.

"marco" <marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ive just installed windows xp pro and now my tiscali adsl modem switches
> itself off when I search the net. Ive tried installing new chipset driver,
> ive also replaced the adsl modem. On my device manager I have an ! next to
> pci simple communication controller, I cant seem to get rid of it. Any
> Ideas
> --
> :cool:

Marco

Im using an RJ11 data cable and the drivers off the tiscali cd

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> If you r ADSL modem needs an RJ-45 cable to connect it to your PC, then you
> need to install the correct network adapter drivers.
>

> "marco" <marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ive just installed windows xp pro and now my tiscali adsl modem switches
> > itself off when I search the net. Ive tried installing new chipset driver,
> > ive also replaced the adsl modem. On my device manager I have an ! next to
> > pci simple communication controller, I cant seem to get rid of it. Any
> > Ideas
> > --
> > :cool:

1. There is no such thing as a RJ11 data cable. Cables are
designated as Cat1, Cat2,...Cat5 etc.

2. Further, RJ11 jacks are used in phone jacks. Your modem computer
out jack, and your computer LAN jack are RJ45.

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:35:02 -0700, "marco"