dvd rom drive opens randomly

Tags:
  • DVD Drives
  • Windows XP
April 8, 2005 5:27:04 PM

I have a question...HOW IN THE HECK DO I STOP MY DVD-ROM DRIVE FROM OPENING
RANDOMLY???

The stupid thing just randomly opens of no accord then closes...it is
getting very very annoying? anyone have any ideas?

I have a cd burner and this dvd-rom...just the dvd rom does it..
running windows xp home edition...

More about : dvd rom drive opens randomly

Anonymous
April 8, 2005 6:45:02 PM

Try to update the driver. Look for viruses and spyware on your computer

"dusma" wrote:

> I have a question...HOW IN THE HECK DO I STOP MY DVD-ROM DRIVE FROM OPENING
> RANDOMLY???
>
> The stupid thing just randomly opens of no accord then closes...it is
> getting very very annoying? anyone have any ideas?
>
> I have a cd burner and this dvd-rom...just the dvd rom does it..
> running windows xp home edition...
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 7:09:04 PM

It does not have a driver...it is windows supported...

"smiling face" wrote:

> Try to update the driver. Look for viruses and spyware on your computer
>
> "dusma" wrote:
>
> > I have a question...HOW IN THE HECK DO I STOP MY DVD-ROM DRIVE FROM OPENING
> > RANDOMLY???
> >
> > The stupid thing just randomly opens of no accord then closes...it is
> > getting very very annoying? anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > I have a cd burner and this dvd-rom...just the dvd rom does it..
> > running windows xp home edition...
April 9, 2005 1:07:01 PM

"dusma" wrote:

> It does not have a driver...it is windows supported...
>
> "smiling face" wrote:
>
> > Try to update the driver. Look for viruses and spyware on your computer
> >
> > "dusma" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a question...HOW IN THE HECK DO I STOP MY DVD-ROM DRIVE FROM OPENING
> > > RANDOMLY???
> > >
> > > The stupid thing just randomly opens of no accord then closes...it is
> > > getting very very annoying? anyone have any ideas?
> > >
> > > I have a cd burner and this dvd-rom...just the dvd rom does it..
> > > running windows xp home edition...

It's either bad hardware or a joke virus follow smiling face's reccommdation
to start off with.
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 10:40:47 PM

maybe youve got that annoying msn messenger virus, becasue that causes that
to happen, its w32.bropia.m, search for a fix at www.sarc.com

--
-----------
my email adress is changing to:

liamgaughan@gmail.com

update your address books if you give a damn!
"MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "dusma" wrote:
>
>> It does not have a driver...it is windows supported...
>>
>> "smiling face" wrote:
>>
>> > Try to update the driver. Look for viruses and spyware on your computer

> It's either bad hardware or a joke virus follow smiling face's
> reccommdation
> to start off with.
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 11:45:04 AM

Bropia was not found on my PC...but thanks for the idea.

!