dvd rom drive opens randomly

I have a question...HOW IN THE HECK DO I STOP MY DVD-ROM DRIVE FROM OPENING
RANDOMLY???

The stupid thing just randomly opens of no accord then closes...it is
getting very very annoying? anyone have any ideas?

I have a cd burner and this dvd-rom...just the dvd rom does it..
running windows xp home edition...
5 answers Last reply
More about drive opens randomly

    Try to update the driver. Look for viruses and spyware on your computer

    "dusma" wrote:

    > I have a question...HOW IN THE HECK DO I STOP MY DVD-ROM DRIVE FROM OPENING
    > RANDOMLY???
    >
    > The stupid thing just randomly opens of no accord then closes...it is
    > getting very very annoying? anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > I have a cd burner and this dvd-rom...just the dvd rom does it..
    > running windows xp home edition...

    It does not have a driver...it is windows supported...

    "dusma" wrote:

    > It does not have a driver...it is windows supported...
    >
    > "smiling face" wrote:
    >
    > > Try to update the driver. Look for viruses and spyware on your computer
    > >
    > > "dusma" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have a question...HOW IN THE HECK DO I STOP MY DVD-ROM DRIVE FROM OPENING
    > > > RANDOMLY???
    > > >
    > > > The stupid thing just randomly opens of no accord then closes...it is
    > > > getting very very annoying? anyone have any ideas?
    > > >
    > > > I have a cd burner and this dvd-rom...just the dvd rom does it..
    > > > running windows xp home edition...

    It's either bad hardware or a joke virus follow smiling face's reccommdation
    to start off with.

    maybe youve got that annoying msn messenger virus, becasue that causes that
    to happen, its w32.bropia.m, search for a fix at www.sarc.com

    --
    -----------
    my email adress is changing to:

    liamgaughan@gmail.com

    update your address books if you give a damn!
    "MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > "dusma" wrote:
    >
    >> It does not have a driver...it is windows supported...
    >>
    >> "smiling face" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Try to update the driver. Look for viruses and spyware on your computer

    > It's either bad hardware or a joke virus follow smiling face's
    > reccommdation
    > to start off with.

    Bropia was not found on my PC...but thanks for the idea.

    "Liam Gaughan" wrote:

    > maybe youve got that annoying msn messenger virus, becasue that causes that
    > to happen, its w32.bropia.m, search for a fix at www.sarc.com
    >

    > --
    > -----------
    > my email adress is changing to:
    >
    > liamgaughan@gmail.com
    >
    > update your address books if you give a damn!
    > "MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > "dusma" wrote:
    > >
    > >> It does not have a driver...it is windows supported...

    > > It's either bad hardware or a joke virus follow smiling face's
    > > reccommdation
    > > to start off with.

DVD Drives Windows XP