Shuttle AN35N 400 Ultra

Anyone know anything about this board? Any known problems?

Sledgehammer13 wrote:
> Anyone know anything about this board? Any known problems?

Stable, reliable, easily overclocked. Not the ultimate overclocking
board, but enough to make it a bargain. I'm running two myself and built
one for my 11 year old.

--
FRH

On 11/9/2004 8:11:54 PM, "Frank v7.0" wrote:
>Sledgehammer13 wrote:
>> Anyone know anything about this board? Any known problems?
>>

>Stable, reliable, easily overclocked. Not the ultimate overclocking
>board, but enough to make it a bargain. I'm running two myself and built
>one for my 11 year old.
>
>--
>FRH

Ditto what Frank said!
Kristi

--
Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 768mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2
* * *

what shuttle models this, i have the sn45g.
"Kristi" <a@b.net> wrote in message
> On 11/9/2004 8:11:54 PM, "Frank v7.0" wrote:
>>Sledgehammer13 wrote:
>>> Anyone know anything about this board? Any known problems?
>>>

>>Stable, reliable, easily overclocked. Not the ultimate overclocking
>>board, but enough to make it a bargain. I'm running two myself and built
>>one for my 11 year old.
>>
>>--
>>FRH
>>

> Ditto what Frank said!
> Kristi
>
> --
> Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 768mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2
> * * *

This is one great board. For the money it's the bargain of the decade.
Extremely fast and stable, FSB up to 400. I don't know why some folks
say it's not good for o/clocking, the guys in our office are
o/clocking the bejabbers out of this board-we all have one, and I have
two.
We are running AMDs (obviously).

its a full atx board correct?
"MagicUK" <c_boys_uk@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> what shuttle models this, i have the sn45g.
> "Kristi" <a@b.net> wrote in message
>>>>

>>>Stable, reliable, easily overclocked. Not the ultimate overclocking
>>>board, but enough to make it a bargain. I'm running two myself and built
>>>one for my 11 year old.
>>>
>>>--
>>>FRH
>>>

>> Ditto what Frank said!
>> Kristi
>>
>> --
>> Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 768mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2
>> * * *

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Love mine. No problems at all.

"Sledgehammer13" <Welldunn1@cablerocket.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know anything about this board? Any known problems?

Some trouble getting 5.1 sound out of mine. Plugging the speakers in as
directed, I had sound out of everything exept the front speakers. Worked
around that by plugging the front speaker leads into the front-of-case
headphone jack, and all is fine now.

Some have solved it by gettting the Realtek drivers (actual mfr of the sound
chip) instead of using the nVidia drivers.

Otherwise, awesome board. Cheap, and great for o'clocking.

Matty

Kristi wrote:

> On 11/9/2004 8:11:54 PM, "Frank v7.0" wrote:
> >Sledgehammer13 wrote:
> >> Anyone know anything about this board? Any known problems?
> >>

> >Stable, reliable, easily overclocked. Not the ultimate overclocking
> >board, but enough to make it a bargain. I'm running two myself and
> >built one for my 11 year old.
> >
> >--
> >FRH
> >

> Ditto what Frank said!

Wow, what are the odds that you'd have two and an eleven year old
with one, also?! That is amazing!

Fishface wrote:
> Kristi wrote:

>>>Stable, reliable, easily overclocked. Not the ultimate overclocking
>>>board, but enough to make it a bargain. I'm running two myself and
>>>built one for my 11 year old.
>>>
>>>--
>>>FRH
>>>

>>Ditto what Frank said!
>

> Wow, what are the odds that you'd have two and an eleven year old
> with one, also?! That is amazing!

LOL! Almost as amazing as the AN35N!

--
FRH

Frank_v7.0 wrote:

> LOL! Almost as amazing as the AN35N!

I'm selling mine to my sister. She was still using a PII!
I have it in an Antec SLK2650-BQE with 512MB of
Mushkin PC3200 (2.5-3-3-11) running 11 x 200 at
1.675v. with a quiet Speeze fan. I used a black Samsung
floppy drive and NEC ND-3500A with a Maxtor 120GB
8MB buffer drive that I bought on sale. I wired the
120mm case fan to 7v. It has MSI MX440 video. I told
her that if she wanted to play 3D games, it would cost her
(a lot) more. I added an inexpensive 3Net hardware
modem with an Intel chip (hey, can I put one of those
"Intel Inside" stickers on the case?!).

The snorkel on the case doesn't quite line-up with the CPU,
and actually makes the case louder, but she makes it live on
the floor, anyway. She's hooking it to a Samsung 710n
black monitor and some audiophile friendly 2.1 speakers.

Very sweet, and it's a lot quieter than my setup.

Fishface wrote:
> Frank_v7.0 wrote:
>

>>LOL! Almost as amazing as the AN35N!
>

> I'm selling mine to my sister. She was still using a PII!
> I have it in an Antec SLK2650-BQE with 512MB of
> Mushkin PC3200 (2.5-3-3-11) running 11 x 200 at
> 1.675v. with a quiet Speeze fan. I used a black Samsung
> floppy drive and NEC ND-3500A with a Maxtor 120GB
> 8MB buffer drive that I bought on sale. I wired the
> 120mm case fan to 7v. It has MSI MX440 video. I told
> her that if she wanted to play 3D games, it would cost her
> (a lot) more. I added an inexpensive 3Net hardware
> modem with an Intel chip (hey, can I put one of those
> "Intel Inside" stickers on the case?!).
>
> The snorkel on the case doesn't quite line-up with the CPU,
> and actually makes the case louder, but she makes it live on
> the floor, anyway. She's hooking it to a Samsung 710n
> black monitor and some audiophile friendly 2.1 speakers.
>
> Very sweet, and it's a lot quieter than my setup.

Intel inside! Another amazing coincidence, both of mine have Intel 536EP
modems. If she wants to play 3D games an old Ti4200 on ebay would be a
cheap solution. Just got one for $65 shipped USPS priority. I just use
them for CFS2 amd Red Baron 3D, but it gives me 100FPS with all the eye
candy on.

--
FRH