One of my hard drives disappeared! HELP!!!

I was formatting one of my hard drives when the computer froze, I re-booted
it and when it was back the "I" drive had disappeared. My first step when I
have a problem is the do a system restore, it told me it cannot restore
anything on the "I" drive as it's been turned off.

Please can somebody tell me how to turn it back on ... thanks.

"pyt1984" <pyt1984@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was formatting one of my hard drives when the computer froze, I
re-booted
> it and when it was back the "I" drive had disappeared. My first step when
> have a problem is the do a system restore, it told me it cannot restore
> anything on the "I" drive as it's been turned off.
>
> Please can somebody tell me how to turn it back on ... thanks.

Your first step should be to check if the BIOS detects
the drive. The next step is to run the Disk Manager
(diskmgmt.msc) to see what it thinks of the missing disk.