Keyboard/Fingerprint Reader Unable To Register Fingerprints

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

My OS is Windows XP Home SP2

The reader is lighted up.
It flashes when a finger is placed on the scanner.

But, it never scans.

What could be wrong?

Thanks!
CJ

There ought to be a troubleshooting section in the manual for the scanner.
Did a CD come with the scanner, and have you run it yet?

"CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My OS is Windows XP Home SP2
>
> The reader is lighted up.
> It flashes when a finger is placed on the scanner.
>
> But, it never scans.
>
> What could be wrong?
>
> Thanks!
> CJ

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

There is no help in the manual.

This is the reader/scanner integrated in the microsoft keyboard.

"T. Waters" wrote:

> There ought to be a troubleshooting section in the manual for the scanner.
> Did a CD come with the scanner, and have you run it yet?
>
> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My OS is Windows XP Home SP2
> >
> > The reader is lighted up.
> > It flashes when a finger is placed on the scanner.
> >
> > But, it never scans.
> >
> > What could be wrong?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > CJ

bar

Technical Supprt is free for those installing the product.

Call Microsoft's help desk and they can resolve the problem or advise you if
you need to have the unit replaced.

"CJ" wrote:

> There is no help in the manual.
>
> This is the reader/scanner integrated in the microsoft keyboard.
>

> "T. Waters" wrote:
>
> > There ought to be a troubleshooting section in the manual for the scanner.
> > Did a CD come with the scanner, and have you run it yet?
> >
> > "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > My OS is Windows XP Home SP2
> > >
> > > The reader is lighted up.
> > > It flashes when a finger is placed on the scanner.
> > >
> > > But, it never scans.
> > >
> > > What could be wrong?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > CJ

As asked earlier - DID YOU INSTALL THE DEDICATED SOFTWARE?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> There is no help in the manual.
>
> This is the reader/scanner integrated in the microsoft keyboard.
>

> "T. Waters" wrote:
>
>> There ought to be a troubleshooting section in the manual for the
>> scanner.
>> Did a CD come with the scanner, and have you run it yet?
>>
>> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My OS is Windows XP Home SP2
>> >
>> > The reader is lighted up.
>> > It flashes when a finger is placed on the scanner.
>> >
>> > But, it never scans.
>> >
>> > What could be wrong?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> > CJ

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

Yes, the software is installed.

Thank you for your suggestion. :)

I have received reply from MS and am currently trying to what they suggest.
I there step don't resolve the issue then I will return the product. I hope
it works.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> As asked earlier - DID YOU INSTALL THE DEDICATED SOFTWARE?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There is no help in the manual.
> >
> > This is the reader/scanner integrated in the microsoft keyboard.
> >

> > "T. Waters" wrote:
> >
> >> There ought to be a troubleshooting section in the manual for the
> >> scanner.
> >> Did a CD come with the scanner, and have you run it yet?
> >>
> >> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

What browser are you using? The MS product will not work with anything
other than IE.

Grant

--
gwilki

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

Yes, I am using IE.

I have followed the step that the MS help had sent me. I had everything set
properly.

I have determined that do to everything running on PC the reader is running
really slow. So it only responds sometimes. It will probably work great on
a less congested PC.

"gwilki" wrote:

> What browser are you using? The MS product will not work with anything
> other than IE.
>
> Grant
>

> CJ Wrote:
> > Yes, the software is installed.
> >
> > Thank you for your suggestion. :)
> >

> > I have received reply from MS and am currently trying to what they
> > suggest.
> > I there step don't resolve the issue then I will return the product. I
> > hope
> > it works.
> >

> > "Richard Urban" wrote:
> > -
> > As asked earlier - DID YOU INSTALL THE DEDICATED SOFTWARE?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Urban
> >
> > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
> >
> > If you knew as much as you think you know,
> > You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
> >

> > "CJ" CJ@discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
> > There is no help in the manual.
> >
> > This is the reader/scanner integrated in the microsoft keyboard.
> >

> > "T. Waters" wrote:
> > -
> > There ought to be a troubleshooting section in the manual for the
> > scanner.
> > Did a CD come with the scanner, and have you run it yet?
> >
> > "CJ" CJ@discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
> > My OS is Windows XP Home SP2
> >
> > The reader is lighted up.
> > It flashes when a finger is placed on the scanner.
> >
> > But, it never scans.
> >
> > What could be wrong?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > CJ
> >

> > --
> >

> > -
>

> --
> gwilki

CJ, the software provided with all the fingerprint reader is full of bugs.
Many fingerprint reader users are having terrible problems.

I suggest you disconnect your fingerprint reader from your computer and
uninstall your software then reinstall your software and then reconnect your
fingerprint reader. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to wait until
an ipdated version of the software is available.

"CJ" wrote:

> My OS is Windows XP Home SP2
>
> The reader is lighted up.
> It flashes when a finger is placed on the scanner.
>
> But, it never scans.
>
> What could be wrong?
>
> Thanks!
> CJ

Alan

kenwitkin wrote:
> CJ, the software provided with all the fingerprint reader is full of bugs.
> Many fingerprint reader users are having terrible problems.
>
> I suggest you disconnect your fingerprint reader from your computer and
> uninstall your software then reinstall your software and then reconnect your
> fingerprint reader. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to wait until
> an ipdated version of the software is available.
>
> "CJ" wrote:
>

>>My OS is Windows XP Home SP2
>>
>>The reader is lighted up.
>>It flashes when a finger is placed on the scanner.
>>
>>But, it never scans.
>>
>>What could be wrong?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>CJ

thank you for saving me some money - I was thinking of buying one in the
near future. I will keep my eyes open for updates and hope that the
fingerprint reader doesnt get abandoned by MS

Alan

kenwitkin wrote:
> CJ, the software provided with all the fingerprint reader is full of bugs.
> Many fingerprint reader users are having terrible problems.
>
> I suggest you disconnect your fingerprint reader from your computer and
> uninstall your software then reinstall your software and then reconnect your
> fingerprint reader. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to wait until
> an ipdated version of the software is available.
>
> "CJ" wrote:
>

>>My OS is Windows XP Home SP2
>>
>>The reader is lighted up.
>>It flashes when a finger is placed on the scanner.
>>
>>But, it never scans.
>>
>>What could be wrong?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>CJ

thank you for saving me some money - I was thinking of buying one in the
near future. I will keep my eyes open for updates and hope that the
fingerprint reader doesnt get abandoned by MS

TRENDING THREADS