rune

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2004

Hi, can anybody hepl me. I have a DVD "Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616T" which does
read cd-rom but I can't get it to read DVD-game that I am about to install.

Retail version of game - or a burned "copy" (borrowed)? Could be copy
protection kicking in.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Rune" <Rune@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, can anybody hepl me. I have a DVD "Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616T" which does
> read cd-rom but I can't get it to read DVD-game that I am about to
> install.

rune

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2004

No, this is a retail version newly purchased. Works when tested on a
different PC1

Rune

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Retail version of game - or a burned "copy" (borrowed)? Could be copy
> protection kicking in.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> "Rune" <Rune@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, can anybody hepl me. I have a DVD "Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616T" which does
> > read cd-rom but I can't get it to read DVD-game that I am about to
> > install.

Maybe your autorun is not functioning. Try My Computer | Open your CD drive.
Run setup from there.

--

> No, this is a retail version newly purchased. Works when tested on a
> different PC1
>
> Rune
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> Retail version of game - or a burned "copy" (borrowed)? Could be copy
>> protection kicking in.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

>> "Rune" <Rune@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi, can anybody hepl me. I have a DVD "Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616T" which
>> > does
>> > read cd-rom but I can't get it to read DVD-game that I am about to
>> > install.

Scott

Have the same problem with a Samsung DVD burner. With some games the
copy protection prevents some DVD burners from even reading the disk.
I also have a game installed from an old DVD player, after installing
my DVD burner, I cannot play this game.
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 04:51:05 -0700, "Rune"