AV40 not posting after flashing BIOS

I have flashed BIOS on my AV40 board, from version av40S025.bin to
av40S030.bin and now the board won´t boot at all, just a whirring sound when
the mb fans starts and stops.

The version of the board is the one without raid controller and mb revision
1.2

BIOS was downloaded from shuttles site.

I have tried removing the battery and resetting bios with jumper but with no
luck.

Any suggestions what to do?

Greetings Stig

Jonathan

Is the motherboard in your system a dual-BIOS one? I don't know if Shuttle
is doing this or not, but many manufacturers are putting out dual-BIOS
boards so you can switch to an alternate/backup BIOS.

Otherwise, you should be able to do a BIOS recovery, as long as you have a
PS/2 keyboard and a floppy drive (on a real floppy controller, not USB).
Google for "award bios recovery" or something, I think you'll find it.

good luck,
Jonathan

"Stig Holmberg" <noone@nowhwere.com> wrote in message
> I have flashed BIOS on my AV40 board, from version av40S025.bin to
> av40S030.bin and now the board won´t boot at all, just a whirring sound
when
> the mb fans starts and stops.
>
> The version of the board is the one without raid controller and mb
revision
> 1.2
>
> BIOS was downloaded from shuttles site.
>
> I have tried removing the battery and resetting bios with jumper but with
no
> luck.
>
> Any suggestions what to do?
>
> Greetings Stig

Hi Jonathan

No my mb is not a dual-bios system, but next time i buy mb i think i will
buy a Gigabyte board which have dual bios.

Meanwhile i have got the Shuttle board to post, it showed up to be at
combination of the flashing of the bios and the installment of a new PCI
card that caused the trouble, after removing all cards exept video it
bootede up fine.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Greetings Stig