Problems with Sound card and windows XP Pro

Hi All,

My sound card is installed ok, I checked the device manager, but when I go
to sound and audio devices windows is not picking
it up.

For the devices in there, all I have it the wave device for my modem and
nothing else is listed in the drop down menu.

I have installed the lastest driver for my sound card and even replaced it
with another but I still have the same problem.

When I click on the hardware tab it lists the sound card.

Please help and it is driving me mad.

Yogi
1 answer Last reply
More about problems sound card windows

    Boot into Safe Mode, open Device Manager, remove everything to do with the
    sound card, reboot and let Windows re-identify the hardware.

    "Yogi" <yogi@lv4217.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Hi All,
    >
    > My sound card is installed ok, I checked the device manager, but when I go
    > to sound and audio devices windows is not picking
    > it up.
    >
    > For the devices in there, all I have it the wave device for my modem and
    > nothing else is listed in the drop down menu.
    >
    > I have installed the lastest driver for my sound card and even replaced it
    > with another but I still have the same problem.
    >
    > When I click on the hardware tab it lists the sound card.
    >
    > Please help and it is driving me mad.
    >
    > Yogi

Hardware Devices Sound Cards Windows XP