Problems with Sound card and windows XP Pro

Tags:
  • Hardware
  • Devices
  • Sound Cards
  • Windows XP
April 10, 2005 7:08:51 PM

Hi All,

My sound card is installed ok, I checked the device manager, but when I go
to sound and audio devices windows is not picking
it up.

For the devices in there, all I have it the wave device for my modem and
nothing else is listed in the drop down menu.

I have installed the lastest driver for my sound card and even replaced it
with another but I still have the same problem.

When I click on the hardware tab it lists the sound card.

Please help and it is driving me mad.

Yogi

More about : problems sound card windows pro

April 10, 2005 7:08:52 PM

Boot into Safe Mode, open Device Manager, remove everything to do with the
sound card, reboot and let Windows re-identify the hardware.

news:o pso0r81e6msi23f@silverwolf...

!