AK32 and Athlon XP+ 2400

Hi!

I've one question to the crowd:
actually i'm working on a duron 1,3 but i want to buy an athlon xp+ 2400 and
now i'd like to know if a bios update is necessary?

thx

Kamis

Do you have a PLAIN AK32 with no letters behind it?

I am running a AK32VN V3.1 with an AMD XP2400 CPU with no problems and no
bios updates yet. I have been running this system for about 7 months so
far. I did have to set one of the jumpers though (J2 to 133MHz)

Did you go to the Shuttle website to check on your MB?

later,
dave

"Kamis" <przepraszam1@o2.pl> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I've one question to the crowd:
> actually i'm working on a duron 1,3 but i want to buy an athlon xp+ 2400
> and now i'd like to know if a bios update is necessary?
>
> thx
>
> Kamis

> Do you have a PLAIN AK32 with no letters behind it?

AK32 V2.1

> I am running a AK32VN V3.1 with an AMD XP2400 CPU with no problems and no
> bios updates yet. I have been running this system for about 7 months so
> far. I did have to set one of the jumpers though (J2 to 133MHz)
>
> Did you go to the Shuttle website to check on your MB?

I've checked the Spacewalker website and they say that my mainboard supports
cpus to Athlon 2600+.

Bye
Kamil

Maybe u know if this MB supports ECC Ram?

Bye
Kamis