Shuttle AV49N and 512MB DDR2700 Ram

I have a shuttle AV49N and I am using a 512MB stick of MEI DDR2700
memory. For some reason, only 256MB show up when I boot the system. I
haven't really dug into the BIOS very much yet, but I was wondering if
anyone knew if you had to turn on another channel for the DIMM or
something.
1 answer Last reply
More about shuttle av49n 512mb ddr2700
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Check in your BIOS, under "Advanced" settings, there is a setting
    called "DRAM Bank Interleve".

    "When enabled, separate memory banks are set of odd and even
    addresses, and upcoming byte of memory is accessable while refreshing
    the current byte".

    Since the manual explicitly states that the motheboard can handle both
    single and double sided memory, this is about the only thing I can
    think of. If this setting is enabled, then I believe it is possible
    that the motherboard will turn off all of either the odd or even
    addresses on a chip - thinking that they will be filled by a second
    chip.

    From your configuration, it sounds like you have a single 512MB chip.
    If you wanted to speed up the RAM, then you could leave the "DRAM Bank
    Interleave" enabled, but install 2 x 256MB memories (or 2 x 512MB! :)

    I can believe that if you were modifying the RAM configuration and
    this option was enabled, that it might cause the problem you are
    seeing.

    All this is clearly spelled out in the manual, which you can download
    from Shuttle at www.spacewalker.com

    hth

    On 17 Nov 2004 13:50:16 -0800, chris.moix@selectivehr.com (Chris)
    wrote:

    >I have a shuttle AV49N and I am using a 512MB stick of MEI DDR2700
    >memory. For some reason, only 256MB show up when I boot the system. I
    >haven't really dug into the BIOS very much yet, but I was wondering if
    >anyone knew if you had to turn on another channel for the DIMM or
    >something.

Shuttle RAM Motherboards