Hello, in need of help: whenever i plug a usb device to the usb 2.0 card
i just put in the pc freezes, it has happened each time and i have tried
several different usb cards with diferent chipsets: NEC, VIA, adaptec. I
really want a usb 2.0 card in my pc cause 1.1 is sooooooo slow. does
anyone help me out.

is there any way to organize the stuff in

Start,
Programs,

and then all apps you have on your pc

without haveing to explore and cut and paste each one. I remember you
could do this is win98 but for 2k and xp the process is too tedious.

thank you

Robert

--
gooch82

Have you check the device manufacturers websites for the various devices you
connect for the latest XP compatible drivers for those devices.

Also, you do realize, if your devices were made for USB 1.1, they will be no
faster connected to a USB 2.0 connection.

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

"gooch82" <gooch82.1naqdm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hello, in need of help: whenever i plug a usb device to the usb 2.0 card
> i just put in the pc freezes, it has happened each time and i have tried
> several different usb cards with diferent chipsets: NEC, VIA, adaptec. I
> really want a usb 2.0 card in my pc cause 1.1 is sooooooo slow. does
> anyone help me out.
>

> is there any way to organize the stuff in
>
> Start,
> Programs,
>
> and then all apps you have on your pc
>
> without haveing to explore and cut and paste each one. I remember you
> could do this is win98 but for 2k and xp the process is too tedious.
>
> thank you
>
> Robert
>

> --
> gooch82

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am no expert - but you may need SP1 onto XP to ensure USB 2.0 support.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822603

Hope this helps

Nick