USB headers

I see from my motherboard manual that the board (FN45) has 2 extended
USB headers...JP11 and JP14. How do I bring these to the rear panel?
Surely I don't have to lose the only PCI slot.

thanks,

--

Trev (Milnrow, UK)
5 answers Last reply

    >I see from my motherboard manual that the board (FN45) has 2 extended
    >USB headers...JP11 and JP14. How do I bring these to the rear panel?
    >Surely I don't have to lose the only PCI slot.

    It's either that or mod the case.

    DD

    "It's easy when you know how..."
    Johnny Shines
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    David DeCristoforo wrote:
    >>I see from my motherboard manual that the board (FN45) has 2 extended
    >>USB headers...JP11 and JP14. How do I bring these to the rear panel?
    >>Surely I don't have to lose the only PCI slot.
    >

    > It's either that or mod the case.
    >
    > DD
    >
    > "It's easy when you know how..."
    > Johnny Shines

    Is there any HW available, in case I don't mind losing my PCI-slot? 8-)

    Regards,
    Evert Meulie
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    >Is there any HW available, in case I don't mind losing my PCI-slot?

    There are back panes that have a couple of USB ports attached and
    cables to connect to the mobo headers. They only cosr like twelve
    bucks and they don't really use the PCI slot, just the backpane space.
    I've taken these things and mounted them on the case itself by
    cutting a small slot to allow access to the ports. More often than
    not, to bring ports to the front of the case on older boxes. It's not
    that hard. If you are not using your external 3.5" bay, there are USB
    ports that can be mounted there but of course they would not be on the
    back.

    DD

    "It's easy when you know how..."
    Johnny Shines
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    David DeCristoforo wrote:
    >>Is there any HW available, in case I don't mind losing my PCI-slot?
    >

    > There are back panes that have a couple of USB ports attached and
    > cables to connect to the mobo headers. They only cosr like twelve
    > bucks and they don't really use the PCI slot, just the backpane space.
    > I've taken these things and mounted them on the case itself by
    > cutting a small slot to allow access to the ports. More often than
    > not, to bring ports to the front of the case on older boxes. It's not
    > that hard. If you are not using your external 3.5" bay, there are USB
    > ports that can be mounted there but of course they would not be on the
    > back.

    Are the mobo headers generic, or do I need a Shuttle-specific back pane?

    Regards,
    Evert
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    You might take a look at FrontX
    http://www.frontx.com/
    .....assuming you have a front panel available.
    "Trev" <trev@belt-man.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I see from my motherboard manual that the board (FN45) has 2 extended
    > USB headers...JP11 and JP14. How do I bring these to the rear panel?
    > Surely I don't have to lose the only PCI slot.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > --
    >
    > Trev (Milnrow, UK)

Shuttle USB Motherboards