Is NDIS 5.1 available for Windows 2000 Pro SP4 ???

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 1, 2005 9:25:40 AM

Hi

I'd like to know if it is possible to install NDIS 5.1 on a Windows
2000 Pro SP4 platform. If yes, where to get NDIS 5.1 ?

And...

Will NDIS 5.1 installation add the MSNdis_80211_* namespaces to WMI ?

Thank you
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 7:52:38 AM

"mcode" <microcode2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:480bd64a.0504010525.673b4640@posting.google.com...
> I'd like to know if it is possible to install NDIS 5.1 on a Windows
> 2000 Pro SP4 platform. If yes, where to get NDIS 5.1 ?

No (short and nice reply, isnt' it? :)

> And...
>
> Will NDIS 5.1 installation add the MSNdis_80211_* namespaces to WMI ?

No again, but you can develop a WMI provider that exposes these objects.
For this you can enumerate wi-fi adapters and send IOCTL_NDIS_QUERY_GLOBAL STATS to them.
Details, for example, on www.ndis.com

--PA
!