Hub instalation

I got a new usb 4 port hub to connect camara printers etc, I know how to
install the cables, I need to know how to install the software, I dont have
the CD to installed in my PC , the way I did it, the machine dont reconize it.
Please, could tell me you wich steps I have to follow?
Im using winXP+sp2
Many thanks
--
Jfern
4 answers Last reply

    I don't believe any software is needed to install a USB hub. Just connect
    the hub to a USB input on your computer.

    Modem Ani

    "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I got a new usb 4 port hub to connect camara printers etc, I know how to
    > install the cables, I need to know how to install the software, I dont
    have
    > the CD to installed in my PC , the way I did it, the machine dont reconize
    it.
    > Please, could tell me you wich steps I have to follow?
    > Im using winXP+sp2
    > Many thanks
    > --
    > Jfern

    Jack,

    You usually don't need any additional software with XP but I've seen
    somewhere that some peripherals require plugging directly into the onboard
    USB ports. If I can find the info I'll send it along or maybe someone else
    has a link.

    Wayne

    "Modem Ani" <notquinoas@notmyrealbox.com> wrote in message
    >I don't believe any software is needed to install a USB hub. Just connect
    > the hub to a USB input on your computer.
    >
    > Modem Ani
    >
    > "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I got a new usb 4 port hub to connect camara printers etc, I know how to
    >> install the cables, I need to know how to install the software, I dont
    > have
    >> the CD to installed in my PC , the way I did it, the machine dont
    >> reconize
    > it.
    >> Please, could tell me you wich steps I have to follow?
    >> Im using winXP+sp2
    >> Many thanks
    >> --
    >> Jfern

    Jack

    Be aware that some USB devices require that a USB hub is of the 'powered'
    variety..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I got a new usb 4 port hub to connect camara printers etc, I know how to
    > install the cables, I need to know how to install the software, I dont
    > have
    > the CD to installed in my PC , the way I did it, the machine dont reconize
    > it.
    > Please, could tell me you wich steps I have to follow?
    > Im using winXP+sp2
    > Many thanks
    > --
    > Jfern

    JAck, are you suggesting that the PC doesn't recognise the HUB?

    If so take it back to the strore and get another brand - this time one that
    works.

    As a rule - simple USB devices do not need Drivers [or installation CDs].
    In this I'd include, Memory STicks, USB Hard drives, Floppy Drives, Mouse,
    Keyboard.

    You may need a CD for Printers, Cameras etc.

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Jack
    >
    > Be aware that some USB devices require that a USB hub is of the 'powered'
    > variety..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I got a new usb 4 port hub to connect camara printers etc, I know how to
    > > install the cables, I need to know how to install the software, I dont
    > > have
    > > the CD to installed in my PC , the way I did it, the machine dont reconize
    > > it.
    > > Please, could tell me you wich steps I have to follow?
    > > Im using winXP+sp2
    > > Many thanks
    > > --
    > > Jfern