Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

I got a new usb 4 port hub to connect camara printers etc, I know how to
install the cables, I need to know how to install the software, I dont have
the CD to installed in my PC , the way I did it, the machine dont reconize it.
Please, could tell me you wich steps I have to follow?
Im using winXP+sp2
Many thanks
--
Jfern

I don't believe any software is needed to install a USB hub. Just connect
the hub to a USB input on your computer.

Modem Ani

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I got a new usb 4 port hub to connect camara printers etc, I know how to
> install the cables, I need to know how to install the software, I dont
have
> the CD to installed in my PC , the way I did it, the machine dont reconize
it.
> Please, could tell me you wich steps I have to follow?
> Im using winXP+sp2
> Many thanks
> --
> Jfern

Jack,

You usually don't need any additional software with XP but I've seen
somewhere that some peripherals require plugging directly into the onboard
USB ports. If I can find the info I'll send it along or maybe someone else
has a link.

Wayne

"Modem Ani" <notquinoas@notmyrealbox.com> wrote in message
>I don't believe any software is needed to install a USB hub. Just connect
> the hub to a USB input on your computer.
>
> Modem Ani
>
> "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I got a new usb 4 port hub to connect camara printers etc, I know how to
>> install the cables, I need to know how to install the software, I dont
> have
>> the CD to installed in my PC , the way I did it, the machine dont
>> reconize
> it.
>> Please, could tell me you wich steps I have to follow?
>> Im using winXP+sp2
>> Many thanks
>> --
>> Jfern

Jack

Be aware that some USB devices require that a USB hub is of the 'powered'
variety..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got a new usb 4 port hub to connect camara printers etc, I know how to
> install the cables, I need to know how to install the software, I dont
> have
> the CD to installed in my PC , the way I did it, the machine dont reconize
> it.
> Please, could tell me you wich steps I have to follow?
> Im using winXP+sp2
> Many thanks
> --
> Jfern

bar

JAck, are you suggesting that the PC doesn't recognise the HUB?

If so take it back to the strore and get another brand - this time one that
works.

As a rule - simple USB devices do not need Drivers [or installation CDs].
In this I'd include, Memory STicks, USB Hard drives, Floppy Drives, Mouse,
Keyboard.

You may need a CD for Printers, Cameras etc.