CPU Clock Mutlipler in BIOS?

Hi everyone,

I have an SS51G v2.0 loaded with the latest FS51SB0l BIOS. The problem
is that I have a 2.8GHz P4 CPU but when it boots up, it only boots up
at 1.4GHz (100 x 14). Where in BIOS do I set it to run at 2.8GHz? I
have noticed that others have a multiplier of 18 so why is mine only
14?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

On 14 Jan 2005 23:31:31 -0800, zweisel@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I have an SS51G v2.0 loaded with the latest FS51SB0l BIOS. The problem
>is that I have a 2.8GHz P4 CPU but when it boots up, it only boots up
>at 1.4GHz (100 x 14). Where in BIOS do I set it to run at 2.8GHz? I
>have noticed that others have a multiplier of 18 so why is mine only
>14?
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>Thanks.

Check your manual. You're running at the wrong memory bus speed. If the
multiplier is 14, you should be running at much faster then 100mhz. 14x200
=2800. I'm not sure what it is for that particular board or cpu but it's
not 100. :)

"There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
- (Calvin and Hobbes)

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:52:34 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>On 14 Jan 2005 23:31:31 -0800, zweisel@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>Hi everyone,
>>
>>I have an SS51G v2.0 loaded with the latest FS51SB0l BIOS. The problem
>>is that I have a 2.8GHz P4 CPU but when it boots up, it only boots up
>>at 1.4GHz (100 x 14). Where in BIOS do I set it to run at 2.8GHz? I
>>have noticed that others have a multiplier of 18 so why is mine only
>>14?
>>
>>Any help is appreciated.
>>Thanks.
>
>Check your manual. You're running at the wrong memory bus speed. If the
>multiplier is 14, you should be running at much faster then 100mhz. 14x200
>=2800. I'm not sure what it is for that particular board or cpu but it's
>not 100. :)

I was bored so looked it up.
http://global.shuttle.com/Support/SupportList.asp?Item=SS51G%20V2.0

It says your cpu should be running at 21x133mhz front side bus.

"There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
- (Calvin and Hobbes)

ozwald

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004

EGK, do you know the difference between memory bus speed and FSB speed?
I guess that the guy's BIOS is picking up the wrong fsb at boot time.
This happens a lot with shuttles especially if the cpu is a Prescott. I
have an st62K + 3.0 GHz (200 x 15) Prescott & it often boots at 2.49
GHz (166 x 15)

On 30 Jan 2005 23:37:06 -0800, ozwald@operamail.com wrote:

>EGK, do you know the difference between memory bus speed and FSB speed?
>I guess that the guy's BIOS is picking up the wrong fsb at boot time.
>This happens a lot with shuttles especially if the cpu is a Prescott. I
>have an st62K + 3.0 GHz (200 x 15) Prescott & it often boots at 2.49
>GHz (166 x 15)

The Front side buss speed is the speed the cpu communicates with the RAM.