CD GETTING ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO RUN

ANY GAME OR CD i PUT IN MY DRIVE IS HAS A ERROR BOX. ON TOP OF BOX IT SAYS
16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM, THEN THIS MESSAGE
APPEARS(C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.THE SYSTEM FILE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR
RUNNING MS-DOS AND MICROSOFT WINDOWS APPLICATIONS.
3 answers Last reply
More about error message

    FUZDAD wrote:
    > ANY GAME OR CD i PUT IN MY DRIVE IS HAS A ERROR BOX. ON TOP OF BOX
    > IT SAYS 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM, THEN THIS MESSAGE
    > APPEARS(C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.THE SYSTEM FILE IS NOT
    > SUITABLE FOR RUNNING MS-DOS AND MICROSOFT WINDOWS APPLICATIONS.

    I know the answer, but I don't much care for being yelled at. Please lose
    the caps - it's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts
    very hard to read.

    I apologize I'm new to all this. Please accept my apology and help me
    please!!!!

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

    > FUZDAD wrote:
    > > ANY GAME OR CD i PUT IN MY DRIVE IS HAS A ERROR BOX. ON TOP OF BOX
    > > IT SAYS 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM, THEN THIS MESSAGE
    > > APPEARS(C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.THE SYSTEM FILE IS NOT
    > > SUITABLE FOR RUNNING MS-DOS AND MICROSOFT WINDOWS APPLICATIONS.
    >
    > I know the answer, but I don't much care for being yelled at. Please lose
    > the caps - it's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts
    > very hard to read.
    >
    > --
    > In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    Please don't shout.
    16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem error while installing or running a DOS application
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/16bit.htm

    Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit
    Windows-based program
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

    "FUZDAD" wrote:

    > ANY GAME OR CD i PUT IN MY DRIVE IS HAS A ERROR BOX. ON TOP OF BOX IT SAYS
    > 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM, THEN THIS MESSAGE
    > APPEARS(C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.THE SYSTEM FILE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR
    > RUNNING MS-DOS AND MICROSOFT WINDOWS APPLICATIONS.

CD-Rom Error Message Microsoft Windows XP