Recommendation for Scanner/Printer?

Now that I'm drop-kicking Lexmark into the dumpster -- never to have one on
the property again.....

Can someone recommend a DECENT one for my situation --- Win98SE, 233MHz,
older computer, USB ports available but prefer parallel. Think cheap ---
under $100-150..........

Thanks!!
2 answers Last reply
More about recommendation scanner printer

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 02:59:47 GMT, "Fred"
    <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote:

    >Now that I'm drop-kicking Lexmark into the dumpster -- never to have one on
    >the property again.....
    >
    >Can someone recommend a DECENT one for my situation --- Win98SE, 233MHz,
    >older computer, USB ports available but prefer parallel. Think cheap ---
    >under $100-150..........
    >
    >Thanks!!

    I would recommend seperate components such as the Canon I860 and
    perhaps the Canon LIDE 20. Those will put you under 150 plus Canon
    offers rebates.

    The LIDE 30 has a rebate as well... So theres an economical good
    working combo for ya.

    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=PromotionsAct

    Fred wrote:
    > Now that I'm drop-kicking Lexmark into the dumpster -- never to have one on
    > the property again.....
    >
    > Can someone recommend a DECENT one for my situation --- Win98SE, 233MHz,
    > older computer, USB ports available but prefer parallel. Think cheap ---
    > under $100-150..........
    >
    > Thanks!!

    I too would recommend something from Canon's "I" line, like the
    i860, if you're willing to go at the top of your allowance limit. You
    WON'T be disappointed, it'll skate circles around any Lexmark. I know,
    I tried an upper class Lex. The Lex worked; but seriously, was no
    substitute for a "real" printer ;-).

    You can easily refill the Canon cartridges yourself with quality refill
    or bulk ink for about $5 (Do not use "universal" ink!!!). And the
    cartridges are see through, so you can see how much ink you have left or
    how much you've put in.

    -Taliesyn

Printers Lexmark Scanners Peripherals