Hi guys
I have a DFI lanparty sys. board (865PE)
I rhave 4 hard drives hooked up to it , all SATA drives.
It uses 2 for regular SATA drives and 2 for Raid setup.
I don't use raid , but i use the drives as storage drives. I don't set up a
Raid setup,
i just turn it on in the bios and load the driver and then they show up in
windows as 2 regular drives.
If i turn the raid of in the bios does that also turn off the power to the
raid drives ?
Or does it just turn off the SATA (IDE) controler.
I don't enter them every day so i thought it would be nice, and easier on
the drives if i could turn them off.
Thanks

--
Carl G

If you disable the controller in the BIOS,yes it shuts them down,you
shouldnt see them in xp.If RAID and the drives are in the computer,why
not set up a RAID configuration !!!

"Carl G" wrote:

> Hi guys
> I have a DFI lanparty sys. board (865PE)
> I rhave 4 hard drives hooked up to it , all SATA drives.
> It uses 2 for regular SATA drives and 2 for Raid setup.
> I don't use raid , but i use the drives as storage drives. I don't set up a
> Raid setup,
> i just turn it on in the bios and load the driver and then they show up in
> windows as 2 regular drives.
> If i turn the raid of in the bios does that also turn off the power to the
> raid drives ?
> Or does it just turn off the SATA (IDE) controler.
> I don't enter them every day so i thought it would be nice, and easier on
> the drives if i could turn them off.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Carl G

Hi Andrew
I have had Raid setup on my pc, I am just a home user well past my prime.
I just play around on my pc , try all kinds of things with XP. Great
operating system.
I have no need for Raid,but have installed it a couple different times just
to check it out.
I got a camcorder last year and could use the storage more then raid.
Thanks a bunch.

--
Carl G