Cannot write CD-RW disks after SP2

I have a HP CD-Writer plus 8100i. Since I installed SP2 some months ago I
used it only for CD-R disks without any problem to read an write. It worked
also with CD-RW in the past. Now I try to write on a new CD-RW. It does not
even reckognize the disk in the device. I also tried to erase the disk with
Nero. It looks as if it works for several minutes, but in the end it says it
can not erase the disk.
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot write disks

    Mick, check here
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=61047&lang=en&cc=us&os=228
    and here
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/solveCategory?dlc=en&lc=en&product=61047&lang=en&cc=us&

    "Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a HP CD-Writer plus 8100i. Since I installed SP2 some months ago I
    > used it only for CD-R disks without any problem to read an write. It
    > worked
    > also with CD-RW in the past. Now I try to write on a new CD-RW. It does
    > not
    > even reckognize the disk in the device. I also tried to erase the disk
    > with
    > Nero. It looks as if it works for several minutes, but in the end it says
    > it
    > can not erase the disk.

Hewlett Packard CD-Rom Windows XP