SB81P and P-ATA drives

Hi,

I was just wondering if it possible to have an IDE ATA100 hard drive
connected to the ATA controller as well as a DVD-RW drive. From the
PDF on the Shuttle website, it says there is only a single ATA
connector but 4 SATA connectors. Does this mean there is literally
only a single ATA connector so only one drive can be connected to it
or does it mean there is a single connector on the motherboard meaning
that there can be 2 IDE drives connected to the IDE channel?

If it is possible to have 2 drives connected to the IDE ATA
controller, is the controller smart enough to allow an ATA100 drive to
work at full speed even though there is an ATA33 DVD-RW drive
connected on the same channel?

On a similar theme, is it possible to use an IDE to SATA convertor to
be able to plug an IDE ATA drive into the SATA controller and be able
to boot from it? Is there enough room in the case for this?

The reason I am asking these questions is because I am thinking of
getting an SB81P and I already have a stack of large capacity IDE
ATA100 hard drives and don't really want to ave to buy a SATA drive.

Thanks

"Stuart Reid" <stureidatzipdotcomdotau> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if it possible to have an IDE ATA100 hard drive
> connected to the ATA controller as well as a DVD-RW drive. From the
> PDF on the Shuttle website, it says there is only a single ATA
> connector but 4 SATA connectors. Does this mean there is literally
> only a single ATA connector so only one drive can be connected to it
> or does it mean there is a single connector on the motherboard meaning
> that there can be 2 IDE drives connected to the IDE channel?

You can have 2 IDE drives on the IDE channel.
/JB