I can't find my CD drives E and F!!

Hello, I hope you can solve my problem.
I was going to listen to my cd on the computer but when I clicked on
"My Computer" there were no cd drives appearing! I only saw Floppy, and
Local Disks! I tried searching for them on my computer but they couldn't
find anything! I also tried using other Cd- ROMs. So I guess I deleted
it without knowing it. My computer is a Windows XP and I tried their
Help and Support but they didn't help at all! I do have 5 spywares in
my computer which I have no idea how to get rid of it with out spending
money on an anti virus program. Can you please help me ASAP!!
Thank you very much. :)

--
nrgfangirl

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:nrgfangirl.1nldpn@pcbanter.net,
nrgfangirl <nrgfangirl.1nldpn@pcbanter.net> had this to say:

> Hello, I hope you can solve my problem.
> I was going to listen to my cd on the computer but when I clicked on
> "My Computer" there were no cd drives appearing! I only saw Floppy,
> and Local Disks! I tried searching for them on my computer but they
> couldn't find anything! I also tried using other Cd- ROMs. So I
> guess I deleted it without knowing it. My computer is a Windows XP
> and I tried their Help and Support but they didn't help at all! I do
> have 5 spywares in my computer which I have no idea how to get rid of
> it with out spending money on an anti virus program. Can you please
> help me ASAP!!
> Thank you very much. :)

Try Doug's site:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

Galen

For your spyware problem use these free websites. Two are full working
30 day free trials. For your CD problems take
a look here. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/

www.webroot.com

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html

http://www.intermute.com/products/spysubtract.html