Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 5, 2005 3:13:12 PM

Someone can tell me one thing?
I'm a graphic artist...

If I put on my shuttle XPC (now with p4 2.8 northwood) the P4 3.2
socket478 Extreme Edition i'll go very very fastly than now, really?!?
:-) .... Nortwood or prescott?! I've a friend who would sell me one used
to half price....

Help me, please, thanks

More about : shuttle sb75g2

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 5, 2005 8:28:41 PM

In article <6T1Nd.29456$2h5.23842@tornado.fastwebnet.it>, dedandy
says...
> Someone can tell me one thing?
> I'm a graphic artist...
>
> If I put on my shuttle XPC (now with p4 2.8 northwood) the P4 3.2
> socket478 Extreme Edition i'll go very very fastly than now, really?!?
> :-) .... Nortwood or prescott?! I've a friend who would sell me one used
> to half price....
>
> Help me, please, thanks

It will go very fast but can you draw and type any faster? You are nto
really going to notice any difference. Spend money on memory and a fast
2D graphics card.

--
Conor

-- George Patton
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 7, 2005 7:50:39 PM

I would not buy the new chip. For one thing, the speeds are so close
that you will not notice the difference. Northwood chips run cooler
than Prescott chips and some benchmarks show the Northwood beating the
Prescott slightly.

Your 2.8 ghz chip should suit you fine for now. I would not upgrade the
processor. As a graphics artist, I would think RAM upgrades would show
more improvement than a processor upgrade.

Flaig
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 14, 2005 7:30:38 PM

You might allso consider overclocking your 2.8 Northwood.
I have a 2.6 that easily goes to 3.0 on a sb75g2 with good temperatures.
==============================
"dedandy" <daniele.debernardi@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message
> Someone can tell me one thing?
> I'm a graphic artist...
>
> If I put on my shuttle XPC (now with p4 2.8 northwood) the P4 3.2
> socket478 Extreme Edition i'll go very very fastly than now, really?!?
> :-) .... Nortwood or prescott?! I've a friend who would sell me one used
> to half price....
>
> Help me, please, thanks
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 18, 2005 12:10:48 PM

Yes, overclocking the chip would be better than buying one you don't
really need. That and more ram will make for a super fine system.