Twin Cobra not Full Screen ?

Hi

Is there any way I can get Twin Cobra to sort of 'stretch' itself, so it
covers ther whole screen HORIZONTALLY ?

I have a 19" CRT monitor.

BombJack is another game that does not seem to fit the whole screen.

Both of these games are fine VERTICALLY, but HORIZONTALLY, it's a problem.

Other games like Shinobi and Vigilante are fine.

I have MAME 32.

Thanks in advcance.

CXC wrote:
> Hi
> Is there any way I can get Twin Cobra to sort of 'stretch' itself, so it
> covers ther whole screen HORIZONTALLY ?
> I have a 19" CRT monitor.
> BombJack is another game that does not seem to fit the whole screen.
> Both of these games are fine VERTICALLY, but HORIZONTALLY, it's a problem.
> Other games like Shinobi and Vigilante are fine.
> I have MAME 32.
> Thanks in advcance.

If you right-click the game, go to the DISPLAY tab and uncheck the box
marked ENFORCE ASPECT RATIO that should do it.

HTH, HAND

"usenet" <reply.in.newsgroup@bitbucket.dave.null.net> wrote in message
> CXC wrote:
> > Hi
> > Is there any way I can get Twin Cobra to sort of 'stretch' itself, so it
> > covers ther whole screen HORIZONTALLY ?
> > I have a 19" CRT monitor.
> > BombJack is another game that does not seem to fit the whole screen.
> > Both of these games are fine VERTICALLY, but HORIZONTALLY, it's a
problem.
> > Other games like Shinobi and Vigilante are fine.
> > I have MAME 32.
> > Thanks in advcance.
>
> If you right-click the game, go to the DISPLAY tab and uncheck the box
> marked ENFORCE ASPECT RATIO that should do it.
>
> HTH, HAND

I'm running MAME32 in DOS.

Would you be kind enough to explain how I can do this ?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks.

"CXC" <aaa1@bbb.com> wrote in news:d2m46h$ilr$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk:

> I'm running MAME32 in DOS.

No such thing as MAME32 in DOS. What exactly do you mean? You are using the
MAME32 with built-in GUI under Windows, but accessed via command-line
interface (which LOOKS like DOS)?

If you did truly have MAME32, the option to Hardware Stretch would be clearly
marked under the Default Options -> Display tab.

And by the way, stretching this game horizontally looks horrible IMHO. :)

"Hung N" <find@my.crack> wrote in message
> "CXC" <aaa1@bbb.com> wrote in news:d2m46h$ilr$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk:
>
> > I'm running MAME32 in DOS.
>
> No such thing as MAME32 in DOS. What exactly do you mean? You are using
the
> MAME32 with built-in GUI under Windows, but accessed via command-line
> interface (which LOOKS like DOS)?
>
> If you did truly have MAME32, the option to Hardware Stretch would be
clearly
> marked under the Default Options -> Display tab.

Well, I tend to run MAME via DOS -
i.e. mame twincobra

I think I need to download MAME32 for WINDOWS.

Thanks anyway :)

CXC wrote:
> "usenet" <reply.in.newsgroup@bitbucket.dave.null.net> wrote in message
>
>>CXC wrote:
>>
>>>Hi
>>>Is there any way I can get Twin Cobra to sort of 'stretch' itself, so it
>>>covers ther whole screen HORIZONTALLY ?
>>>I have a 19" CRT monitor.
>>>BombJack is another game that does not seem to fit the whole screen.
>>>Both of these games are fine VERTICALLY, but HORIZONTALLY, it's a
>
> problem.
>
>>>Other games like Shinobi and Vigilante are fine.
>>>I have MAME 32.
>>>Thanks in advcance.
>>
>>If you right-click the game, go to the DISPLAY tab and uncheck the box
>>marked ENFORCE ASPECT RATIO that should do it.
>>
>>HTH, HAND
>

> I'm running MAME32 in DOS.
>
> Would you be kind enough to explain how I can do this ?

Like Hung said, you are running MAME32 or you are running MAME under
DOS. It can't be both.

So if you are doing it under dos I'm thinking the resolution command is
what you are after.
-resolution XxY where X and Y are width and height (ex: '-resolution
800x600') MAME goes to some lengths to autoselect a good resolution. You
can override MAME's choice with this option. You can omit the word
"resolution" and simply use -XxY (e.g. '-800x600') as a shortcut.
Frontend authors are advised to use '-resolution XxY',however.

I have not tried this. But I can tell you Twin Cobra (and most vertical
games) look very bad when you stretch it to fill your monitor this way.
Get yourself a 21" flat panel monitor and just rotate it sideways when
playing.

HTH, HAND