Firewall on wireless internet connection.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 1, 2005 11:09:27 PM

I have a PC at home with a wireless internet connection and the firewall is
usually on permanently, with no exceptions allowed.
I have now linked a second PC to my first PC using cat5 and I want to share
files between these two PC's and I also share the wireless internet
connection.
However, I find that the sharing of files and the sharing of the internet
connection can only be achieved if I set file sharing as an exception in the
firewall settings.
Does this mean someone else could access my shared files through the
wireless internet connection?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Tia
April 1, 2005 11:09:28 PM

Hi
As long as the Exception are set in the Intranet, Trusted Zone, or what ever
your Firewall calls the control of Local Traffic, you do not have to worry
about outside (Internet) security.
Internet -Basic protection: http://www.ezlan.net/firewall.html
Internet Infestation: http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html
Basic Steps in cleaning Internet "Junk" - http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html
Assemble Freeware Security suit for Internet Connection:
http://www.ezlan.net/security.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

!