Firewall on wireless internet connection.

I have a PC at home with a wireless internet connection and the firewall is
usually on permanently, with no exceptions allowed.
I have now linked a second PC to my first PC using cat5 and I want to share
files between these two PC's and I also share the wireless internet
connection.
However, I find that the sharing of files and the sharing of the internet
connection can only be achieved if I set file sharing as an exception in the
firewall settings.
Does this mean someone else could access my shared files through the
wireless internet connection?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Tia
1 answer Last reply
More about firewall wireless internet connection

    Hi
    As long as the Exception are set in the Intranet, Trusted Zone, or what ever
    your Firewall calls the control of Local Traffic, you do not have to worry
    about outside (Internet) security.
    Internet -Basic protection: http://www.ezlan.net/firewall.html
    Internet Infestation: http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html
    Basic Steps in cleaning Internet "Junk" - http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html
    Assemble Freeware Security suit for Internet Connection:
    http://www.ezlan.net/security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Mackem" <Mackem@iname.com> wrote in message
    > I have a PC at home with a wireless internet connection and the firewall
    is
    > usually on permanently, with no exceptions allowed.
    > I have now linked a second PC to my first PC using cat5 and I want to
    share
    > files between these two PC's and I also share the wireless internet
    > connection.
    > However, I find that the sharing of files and the sharing of the internet
    > connection can only be achieved if I set file sharing as an exception in
    the
    > firewall settings.
    > Does this mean someone else could access my shared files through the
    > wireless internet connection?
    > Any help would be much appreciated.
    > Tia

Connection Firewalls Wireless Internet Wireless Networking