AV32 Capacitors

Greetings all;

I have an AV32V14 board that had been working well, but then became
flaky. Upon further examination I realized that all four of the capacitors
in a group beside the CPU looked fried. Before attempting to replace them, I
was wondering if anyone else has had success with such an operation or is it
not worth the bother? Thanks.

Bill

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:48:14 -0500, "Bill Lee" <ablee@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>Greetings all;
>
> I have an AV32V14 board that had been working well, but then became
>flaky. Upon further examination I realized that all four of the capacitors
>in a group beside the CPU looked fried. Before attempting to replace them, I
>was wondering if anyone else has had success with such an operation or is it
>not worth the bother? Thanks.
>
>Bill

Did it on an SV25 motherboard a few months ago... Replacement caps £2
vs a new motherboard at £70... Thought it was worth it for the
giggle... And saved myself £68 into the deal... i.e. it works!

D0d6y.