AV32 Capacitors

Greetings all;

I have an AV32V14 board that had been working well, but then became
flaky. Upon further examination I realized that all four of the capacitors
in a group beside the CPU looked fried. Before attempting to replace them, I
was wondering if anyone else has had success with such an operation or is it
not worth the bother? Thanks.

Bill
1 answer Last reply
More about av32 capacitors
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:48:14 -0500, "Bill Lee" <ablee@sympatico.ca>
    wrote:

    >Greetings all;
    >
    > I have an AV32V14 board that had been working well, but then became
    >flaky. Upon further examination I realized that all four of the capacitors
    >in a group beside the CPU looked fried. Before attempting to replace them, I
    >was wondering if anyone else has had success with such an operation or is it
    >not worth the bother? Thanks.
    >
    >Bill

    Did it on an SV25 motherboard a few months ago... Replacement caps £2
    vs a new motherboard at £70... Thought it was worth it for the
    giggle... And saved myself £68 into the deal... i.e. it works!

    D0d6y.

Shuttle Motherboards