ATI 5.3 Driver--Error when trying to play DVD

I am running Windows XP Professional. Video driver is 9200SE S80
Stealth--ATI compatible. I downloaded the 5.3 drivers with integrated WDM.
Usually since I have a dial up connection, I download the drivers in parts
and only load the Driver and Control center since my card is not supported
by the new Catalyst control center. When I previously installed the
drivers, I was under the impression that only All in Wonder or VIVO products
required the WDM driver and therefore did not install it. I did have
trouble with my Generic Dual DVD RW/CD RW drive, however. This last time I
loaded the driver with integrated WDM and now my DVD player hangs for along
time before finally starting to play the DVD making a strange clicking
noise. I looked in the Event manager and there are numerous errors related
to the DVD all stating the same thing--ATI2mtag DVD.OV #62486.

Why would the Integrated WDM drivers install if my equipment does not
support it? Do I just need to unplug my DVD player and plug back in to see
if XP will recognize correctly? Do I need to uninstall the entire 5.3
drivers and then reinstall them in parts from the dial up section without
the WDM drivers? There was some indication in the WDM release notes that
said that the WDM drivers needed to be installed before the other parts of
the driver.

PLEASE HELP. This is the second time I have reformatted my drive and
reinstalled XP which takes me almost a full week.

I can't use the drivers from the manufacturer of the card since they are too
old and cause errors.

Which drivers do I need? My motherboard is an NF7-S v2.0 ABIT.

<Snip>

Now I get 2 messages One says that the Event ID 7 for Incdm cannot
> be found--the local computer may not have the necessary registry
> information
> or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
> following information is part of the event \Device\MrwR00000000. What in
> the world does this mean???

Lori,

go to www.nero.com and download the file InCD-CleanTool.exe from the Tools
menu. Then reinstall InCD if desired.