sata hardrive detection problem with xp

Dear all

Hello there. Have 2 sata drives set up as Raid 0 on one controller and have
added a seperate sata drive for data backup on another controller. Both
controllers are on motherboard (ASUS). Problem I am having is that Windows
XP Pro has detected this harddrive as a (Safely remove hardware) peripheral.
Have tried to remove driver but everytime I reboot, it comes up as same. Not
a major problem but I would like to resolve it if I can.

John

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:L3N8e.11041$WP4.7615@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net,
John Collopy <jp.coll@virgin.net> had this to say:

> Dear all
>

> Hello there. Have 2 sata drives set up as Raid 0 on one controller
> and have added a seperate sata drive for data backup on another
> controller. Both controllers are on motherboard (ASUS). Problem I am
> having is that Windows XP Pro has detected this harddrive as a
> (Safely remove hardware) peripheral. Have tried to remove driver but
> everytime I reboot, it comes up as same. Not a major problem but I
> would like to resolve it if I can.
> John

I'm not 100% certain about this but if it's a hotswappable drive it might
indeed show up like that by design? If I'm wrong someone will surely correct
me. If I'm right then we'll have both learned something.

Galen