SN45Gv2 Mainboard?

Hi,
I've had a Shuttle SN45Gv2 single about august/september 04 and was just
looking to see if there's any available bios updates.

On further inspection, I loaded up z-cpu and it identified my mainboard as a
shuttle FN41? Is this correct? I only noticed as I was checking the AGP
speed and it says it's running at 4x (despite having a radeon 9100 that can
run at 8x installed with 8x enabled in the bios).

I thought the SN45Gv2 was supposed to have an FN45? On the POST screen I
checked there and this also says 'FN41' at the bottom(!).

Does my shuttle have the wrong mainboard inside or am I mistaken? I really
hope I am...

Cheers,

Pete.

In article <ynPTd.146510$68.11579@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Pete J
says...
> Hi,
> I've had a Shuttle SN45Gv2 single about august/september 04 and was just
> looking to see if there's any available bios updates.
>
> On further inspection, I loaded up z-cpu and it identified my mainboard as a
> shuttle FN41? Is this correct? I only noticed as I was checking the AGP
> speed and it says it's running at 4x (despite having a radeon 9100 that can
> run at 8x installed with 8x enabled in the bios).
>
> I thought the SN45Gv2 was supposed to have an FN45? On the POST screen I
> checked there and this also says 'FN41' at the bottom(!).
>
> Does my shuttle have the wrong mainboard inside or am I mistaken? I really
> hope I am...

Mine says FN41 too and it isn't incorrect. All the specs are exactly
the same as listed for the FN45 and with the latest BIOS revision, the
model number at the TOP of the POST screen identifies it as a FN45..I
think the BIOS ID string is a bit of a red herring.

--
Conor

-- George Patton