Shuttle Hot-591P - My usb mouse freeze after internet conn..

Hi,

I have this computer:

AMD-K6-2 (3D) 450
BIOS AWARD
Motherboard: Shuttle Hot-591P: 08/02/99 MVP3-586B-ITE86-2A5LEH2BC-00
(591PWIQC)
Chipset VIA Tech 3038 PCI
98 Mb RAM
Scheda audio Ensoniq ES1370
Modem Lucent WinModem
Mouse USB
Windows 98 SE

My problem is that the mouse works fine until I use the modem, in fact
when I am connected to the
internet my usb mouse freeze and I must reboot the system.

So I've noticed there was an IRQ conflict among usb and modem then I
have removed, change slot of my modem and then

I've re-installed it.
After I've installed USB Filter Patch from site's VIA at
http://www.viaarena.com/Default.aspx?PageID=2 and I've also

installed from Microsoft the patch for USB Devices May Not Work in
Windows 98 Second Edition with an AMD processor and
VIA usb at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q240075/.

I've controlled in Contol Panel/System and seems that there isn't any
conflict between peripherals.

After this patchtes, installations unfortunately my problem remains.

Can you help me, please?

Any idea will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my english.

chicco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this computer:
>
> AMD-K6-2 (3D) 450
> BIOS AWARD
> Motherboard: Shuttle Hot-591P: 08/02/99 MVP3-586B-ITE86-2A5LEH2BC-00
> (591PWIQC)
> Chipset VIA Tech 3038 PCI
> 98 Mb RAM
> Scheda audio Ensoniq ES1370
> Modem Lucent WinModem
> Mouse USB
> Windows 98 SE
>
> My problem is that the mouse works fine until I use the modem, in fact
> when I am connected to the
> internet my usb mouse freeze and I must reboot the system.
>
> So I've noticed there was an IRQ conflict among usb and modem then I
> have removed, change slot of my modem and then
>
> I've re-installed it.
> After I've installed USB Filter Patch from site's VIA at
> http://www.viaarena.com/Default.aspx?PageID=2 and I've also
>
> installed from Microsoft the patch for USB Devices May Not Work in
> Windows 98 Second Edition with an AMD processor and
> VIA usb at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q240075/.
>
> I've controlled in Contol Panel/System and seems that there isn't any
> conflict between peripherals.
>
> After this patchtes, installations unfortunately my problem remains.
>
> Can you help me, please?
>
> Any idea will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sorry for my english.

I don't know which slot you've tried your modem in, but when I had a
HOT-569 (long time ago) the modem worked best in the bottom slot. As a
last resort you could get an adapter to convert your USB mouse to PS2.
Overclocking even back then I had my K6-2 450 running @500 :)

--
FRH