GP

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

was trying to take off the case off my p4.
at the back where the ports are I see some screws I can take off connected
to the case but what are the small round holes? how do I unscrew these
things.
I put a precision screwdriver in and it was no good.
The holes are round and look like 2-4mm in diameter.

Those are generally called 'rivets' and aren't unscrewed. Abrasion/cutting
tools are called for.

Why do you want to crawl inside the case?

--
Walter Clayton
http://www.dts-l.org

"gp" <grum@invalid> wrote in message
> was trying to take off the case off my p4.
> at the back where the ports are I see some screws I can take off connected
> to the case but what are the small round holes? how do I unscrew these
> things.
> I put a precision screwdriver in and it was no good.
> The holes are round and look like 2-4mm in diameter.

bar

What's a precision screwdriver? In fact, never heard of a precsion screw!

DId you get the screws off that could be seen?

Small round holes may be just that! Small...round....and a hole...nothing
there!

If it doesn't have a screw in it or a bolt in it ...well there's nothing in
it ...just a hole.

"gp" wrote:

> was trying to take off the case off my p4.
> at the back where the ports are I see some screws I can take off connected
> to the case but what are the small round holes? how do I unscrew these
> things.
> I put a precision screwdriver in and it was no good.
> The holes are round and look like 2-4mm in diameter.

Duh

To gain access to anything inside your computer you need to remove the left
side (as you face it) and not the back.

"gp" <grum@invalid> wrote in message
was trying to take off the case off my p4.
at the back where the ports are I see some screws I can take off connected
to the case but what are the small round holes? how do I unscrew these
things.
I put a precision screwdriver in and it was no good.
The holes are round and look like 2-4mm in diameter.

Well, Put the screws back in and leave it alone. If you don't know how to
take the case cover off, then you shouldn't be inside of it.

"gp" wrote:

> was trying to take off the case off my p4.
> at the back where the ports are I see some screws I can take off connected
> to the case but what are the small round holes? how do I unscrew these
> things.
> I put a precision screwdriver in and it was no good.
> The holes are round and look like 2-4mm in diameter.

Rivet

To the OP,
What make and model computer is it? Most computer cases
designed in the past decade can be opened in just a few
seconds with no tools required or at most a screw driver to
remove two screws.

Companies such as HP/Compaq have on-line manuals that will
show pictures about how to open the case. Companies such as
Antec likewise have on-line manuals.

Typically, you remove two screws from the side , slide the
side panel off, or maybe remove screws at the top, slide the
top and then remove the side panels.

| What's a precision screwdriver? In fact, never heard of a
precsion screw!

| DId you get the screws off that could be seen?
|
| Small round holes may be just that! Small...round....and
a hole...nothing
| there!
|
| If it doesn't have a screw in it or a bolt in it ...well
there's nothing in
| it ...just a hole.
|
| "gp" wrote:
|
| > was trying to take off the case off my p4.
| > at the back where the ports are I see some screws I can
take off connected
| > to the case but what are the small round holes? how do I
unscrew these
| > things.
| > I put a precision screwdriver in and it was no good.
| > The holes are round and look like 2-4mm in diameter.

"gp" <grum@invalid> wrote in message
> was trying to take off the case off my p4.
> at the back where the ports are I see some screws I can take off connected
> to the case but what are the small round holes? how do I unscrew these
> things.
> I put a precision screwdriver in and it was no good.
> The holes are round and look like 2-4mm in diameter.

Put the screwdriver down and back away from the computer.