What's the best PLOTTER for signs?

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Hi everybody,
I would like to buy a Plotter to be able to cut stickers out for the vehicles of my DSM car club... I need a Plotter for "home use" if I could say that, nothing industrial, I won't be making many signs and banners... I already saw a couple of brands around, but I have no idea which one I should get. Does anybody have experience in this field? Which brand will be the best for my use? A brand that can sell me the knives when they wear out without issues, that makes small good quality plotters.

thnx in advance, I know they are not printers but maybe someone here knows...!!!

Treppiede

A television may insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in
like a computer.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by treppiede on 12/04/01 07:00 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

ycs46241

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2001
how much money are you willing to spend? i would recomend HP plotter's and i found and places that sells used
<A HREF="http://www.designjets.com/plotters.html" target="_new">http://www.designjets.com/plotters.html</A>

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Thnx for the reply, Ycs46241.
I rally have no idea of how much these little toys are running for, but the less I spend, the better it is of course, because I won't be pulling up a business out of it, I'll just use it every now and then to cut out a couple of stickers for my Car club...
Anyway, I'm checking out the site right now, thnx it will help me to get an idea...

Treppiede

like a computer.

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Wow, they are expensive!!!
I was thinking some hundreds of dollars...

like a computer.

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
How big does it have to be? I have an HP DeskJet 1220C that is just a 13"x19" version of the 900 series printers.

I love it.

- JW

stevep12

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
I work for an HP reseller. I would recommend, if you are doing smaller banners to go with an HP 1220 series.
I dont know the price off my head. A coworker has this printer at home and swears by it. Plus its small enough to use in a home environment.
If you were going to use a plotter for large banners, then the only real choice you have from HP would really be a DesignJet 1000 series plotter, but this is getting up to around $8000 or more.

stevep12

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
I work for an HP reseller, and I would recommend the 1220 series printer for home use. A co-worker has one and swears by it. Its small enough for home use, plus it doesnt cost as much as the large format plotters.
If you were going to be printing a lot of signs and a lot of large signs, you would really need a DesignJet 1000 series plotter. But unless you can justify $8000 or so, go with the 1220.

TRENDING THREADS