Your question
Closed

INSTALL FULL WINDOW7

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows 7
October 31, 2009 2:38:38 PM

Is there an advantage to istalling the full version of Windows7 vs the Upgrade if I already have Vista??

More about : install full window7

a c 215 $ Windows 7
October 31, 2009 3:21:26 PM

I would go for the retail or OEM version of 7 simply because the install is much safer. Upgrades have a much higher potential for problems down the road.
October 31, 2009 9:08:19 PM

Agree with The_Prophecy = make it simply in a complex world!
Related resources
October 31, 2009 9:33:42 PM

you can still do a clean install with the upgrade version.
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 1, 2009 12:37:09 AM

Yes you can, but the OEM version is often cheaper and doesn't require two installs to set up properly.
a b $ Windows 7
November 1, 2009 12:40:05 AM

Go OEM
November 2, 2009 6:24:20 AM

cbold77 said:
Is there an advantage to istalling the full version of Windows7 vs the Upgrade if I already have Vista??

Thanks for the input.Make my decision a little easier
November 2, 2009 8:49:56 PM

This is one of those complicated questions with many answers. Do you need to buy a full version, no. Just buy the cheaper upgrade or else oem install. As far as can you do an in place upgrade from vista, that is it copies all settings and programs over to windows 7 from vista, then yes. AS long as your not moving from 32bit to 64bit and your going to an equal or greater then version. Very complicated question.
November 2, 2009 10:55:33 PM

cranbers said:
This is one of those complicated questions with many answers. Do you need to buy a full version, no. Just buy the cheaper upgrade or else oem install. As far as can you do an in place upgrade from vista, that is it copies all settings and programs over to windows 7 from vista, then yes. AS long as your not moving from 32bit to 64bit and your going to an equal or greater then version. Very complicated question.

I went ahead and brought the Full Install (Promotional Version) because it was priced lower than the cheapest Upgrade. Now I need to know if I will have to do a clean install or should I Partition for a Dual Boot?
!