Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

mame arcade controllers

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 4:38:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

i'm tired of using my keyboard as a controller so I want to buy an
arcade stick set. if anyone knows of one thats less than the hotrod and
supports 2 players i would greatly appreciate it.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 11:37:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

"TheBigB" <cybrian@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:xrK3e.21135$KZ1.8072@fe09.lga...
> i'm tired of using my keyboard as a controller so I want to buy an
> arcade stick set. if anyone knows of one thats less than the hotrod and
> supports 2 players i would greatly appreciate it

X-Arcade is very highly recommended by me!

I've had one 12 months now is it works seamlessly with mame and front ends.
April 3, 2005 5:10:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

See the RetroBlast Reviews - http://www.retroblast.com/hardware.html


"TheBigB" <cybrian@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:xrK3e.21135$KZ1.8072@fe09.lga...
> i'm tired of using my keyboard as a controller so I want to buy an
> arcade stick set. if anyone knows of one thats less than the hotrod and
> supports 2 players i would greatly appreciate it.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 10:26:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

well

are you a good do it yourselfer?

on ebay there always seems to be an auction for xarcade joys and
buttons

such as this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...

then you need to round up an i-pac

or go the cheap way and use resistors and interface them to the
gameport

it gives me 1 joy and 6 buttons or 2 joys with 2 buttons each
then select "2 2 button pads" as the driver or "6 button pad" driver
says buttons 5 and 6 are up and left on joy 2

or hack up a gamepad

you are going to need a hunk of wood and a 1 1/8 drill bit i just
drilled my cheapo phonywoodgrain particleboard desk
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 10:44:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

James wrote:
> See the RetroBlast Reviews - http://www.retroblast.com/hardware.html
>
>
> "TheBigB" <cybrian@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:xrK3e.21135$KZ1.8072@fe09.lga...
>
>>i'm tired of using my keyboard as a controller so I want to buy an
>>arcade stick set. if anyone knows of one thats less than the hotrod and
>>supports 2 players i would greatly appreciate it.
>
>
>
well there are only the 3 controllers that i already know about there. i
see that the x-arcade is customizable but i could easily change the
mappings in mame. does anyone know of one that's cheaper than the hotrod
and supports 2 players?
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 10:44:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

You could get two Playstation arcade controllers and 2 playstation to
USB adaptors. I think that you can get everything on Ebay for less then
$50.00.

If you are using an operating system that doesn't support USB you can
build your own 2 player controller.
This site has everything you will need:
http://www.ultimarc.com/
Depending on controls you want, it should cost between $100.00 and
$150.00 plus shipping.

Ernest
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 12:54:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

"Hitesh" <NoFookingReplyAddress@NoFookingReplyAddress.Com> wrote in
news:D 2o6fi$9cm$1@titan.btinternet.com:

>
> "TheBigB" <cybrian@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:xrK3e.21135$KZ1.8072@fe09.lga...
>> i'm tired of using my keyboard as a controller so I want to buy an
>> arcade stick set. if anyone knows of one thats less than the hotrod and
>> supports 2 players i would greatly appreciate it
>
> X-Arcade is very highly recommended by me!
>
> I've had one 12 months now is it works seamlessly with mame and front ends.

Yeah, I'm inclined to consider that as well, but if you remember the original
post, the X-Arcade 2-player unit is MORE expensive than the HotRod, not less.
:-)
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 3:04:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Hi there,

If you are in Australia then look us up. Unlike some others, we offer different button layouts and colours as well as a few
other options.

Cheers,
ChrisW
www.ozstick.com.au


"TheBigB" <cybrian@gmail.com> wrote in message news:Ql_3e.16151$Lc.10662@fe10.lga...
> James wrote:
> > See the RetroBlast Reviews - http://www.retroblast.com/hardware.html
> >
> >
> > "TheBigB" <cybrian@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:xrK3e.21135$KZ1.8072@fe09.lga...
> >
> >>i'm tired of using my keyboard as a controller so I want to buy an
> >>arcade stick set. if anyone knows of one thats less than the hotrod and
> >>supports 2 players i would greatly appreciate it.
> >
> >
> >
> well there are only the 3 controllers that i already know about there. i
> see that the x-arcade is customizable but i could easily change the
> mappings in mame. does anyone know of one that's cheaper than the hotrod
> and supports 2 players?
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 5:26:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

2000man@wongfaye.com wrote:
> well
>
> are you a good do it yourselfer?
>
> on ebay there always seems to be an auction for xarcade joys and
> buttons
>
> such as this
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>
> then you need to round up an i-pac
>
> or go the cheap way and use resistors and interface them to the
> gameport
>
> it gives me 1 joy and 6 buttons or 2 joys with 2 buttons each
> then select "2 2 button pads" as the driver or "6 button pad" driver
> says buttons 5 and 6 are up and left on joy 2
>
> or hack up a gamepad
>
> you are going to need a hunk of wood and a 1 1/8 drill bit i just
> drilled my cheapo phonywoodgrain particleboard desk
>
well i read a big into it and i would rather build my own arcade cabinet
with a control panel i build myself. i have an old 400mhz amd k6-2. if
that's good enough for mame i'll try that out. there's a thrift store
near my house that always has monitors in stock for around $15-$50 usd.
thanks for all your help.
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 12:51:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

TheBigB <cybrian@gmail.com> wrote in news:xrK3e.21135$KZ1.8072@fe09.lga:

> i'm tired of using my keyboard as a controller so I want to buy an
> arcade stick set. if anyone knows of one thats less than the hotrod and
> supports 2 players i would greatly appreciate it.

I bought one from here: http://www.projektprodukt.com/
Completely custom for my needs. It was a bit more than the hot rod, but it
is EXACTLY what I was looking for, and the finish is even customized to my
needs.
These pics don't do it justice, but you can have a look here:
http://justcalllance.com/RightTop.jpg
Good luck.

Oh, almost forgot... I've had it for just about 2 weeks now, and
absolutely LOVE it!!! It works just as advertised.
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 12:47:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

ICP <ICT@ICT.com> wrote in news:Xns9631AB892ACICPICPcom@199.45.49.11:

> I bought one from here: http://www.projektprodukt.com/
> Completely custom for my needs. It was a bit more than the hot rod, but
> it is EXACTLY what I was looking for, and the finish is even customized
> to my needs.
> These pics don't do it justice, but you can have a look here:
> http://justcalllance.com/RightTop.jpg
> Good luck.

Thanks for posting. That 2-player unit with the trackball looks like a
contender at $200. I found that the various finishes as portrayed on the site
don't really suit me (too oddball), but the function looks good and makes for
a decent value.

When I saw the large Atari 2600 controller, at first I thought: "Sheesh! All
that real estate for just one stick and one button! For $50!" And then, after
about ten seconds, I realized that someone who was really passionate about
Atari 2600 games (and for that matter, Atari 5200/7800, Atari 400/800,
Commodore ViC-20/64/128/Amiga) would probably enjoy that stick immensely.
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 1:08:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Hung N <find@my.crack> wrote in
news:Xns9632B546D90B6sneakyboyfastmailfm@198.164.200.20:

> Thanks for posting. That 2-player unit with the trackball looks like a
> contender at $200. I found that the various finishes as portrayed on
> the site don't really suit me (too oddball), but the function looks
> good and makes for a decent value.
>
> When I saw the large Atari 2600 controller, at first I thought:
> "Sheesh! All that real estate for just one stick and one button! For
> $50!" And then, after about ten seconds, I realized that someone who
> was really passionate about Atari 2600 games (and for that matter,
> Atari 5200/7800, Atari 400/800, Commodore ViC-20/64/128/Amiga) would
> probably enjoy that stick immensely.
>

That's the thing, they are completely custom. You want a different
finish? Just ask, he'll do it. Want more/less buttons... no problem.
Need USB, PlayStation, Com, Serial, ps/2 connectivity? He's got that as
well.
I know, I sound like a commercial, but I'm just EXTREMELY happy with
mine... in fact, I'm gonna go play a few rounds of Rampage, or Donkey
Kong with the kids now!!
!