Does XP support multiple soundcards? I have a problem!

I installed four C-media soundcards for recording purposes but can't get
them to work properly.

Has XP a limit of one(1) soundcard?

Anyone an idea?

rgds, Twan - Netherlands
5 answers Last reply
More about does support multiple soundcards problem

    Twan, four may be one two many.
    "Twan van Gestel" <pa1kv@home.nl> wrote in message
    >I installed four C-media soundcards for recording purposes but can't get
    >them to work properly.
    >
    > Has XP a limit of one(1) soundcard?
    >
    > Anyone an idea?
    >
    > rgds, Twan - Netherlands

    ??/ So 3 should work?

    "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> schreef in bericht
    > Twan, four may be one two many.
    > "Twan van Gestel" <pa1kv@home.nl> wrote in message
    >>I installed four C-media soundcards for recording purposes but can't get
    >>them to work properly.
    >>
    >> Has XP a limit of one(1) soundcard?
    >>
    >> Anyone an idea?
    >>
    >> rgds, Twan - Netherlands

    I think you start with one and work your way up.

    Twan van Gestel wrote:

    > ??/ So 3 should work?
    >
    > "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> schreef in bericht
    >
    >>Twan, four may be one two many.
    >>"Twan van Gestel" <pa1kv@home.nl> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I installed four C-media soundcards for recording purposes but can't get
    >>>them to work properly.
    >>>
    >>>Has XP a limit of one(1) soundcard?
    >>>
    >>>Anyone an idea?
    >>>
    >>>rgds, Twan - Netherlands

    I tryed that. One works (ofcourse) two or more makes a mess....

    While each card gets his own IRQ and memory range for its driver!

    Anyone runs XP with 2 or more sound cards? How?

    rgds Twan - Netherlands

    "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
    >I think you start with one and work your way up.
    >
    > Twan van Gestel wrote:
    >
    >> ??/ So 3 should work?
    >>
    >> "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> schreef in bericht
    >>
    >>>Twan, four may be one two many.
    >>>"Twan van Gestel" <pa1kv@home.nl> wrote in message

    There can be only ONE default sound card. Some folks have installed a
    different second one that is assigned to "non-windows sounds". As far as
    I know you are not able to install sound cards and assign them in the
    manner that you would with Com ports or LPT ports. You may wish to
    contact the sound card manufacturer for assistance in this endeavor.

    Twan van Gestel wrote:

    > I tryed that. One works (ofcourse) two or more makes a mess....
    >
    > While each card gets his own IRQ and memory range for its driver!
    >
    > Anyone runs XP with 2 or more sound cards? How?
    >
    > rgds Twan - Netherlands
    >
    > "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
    >
    >>I think you start with one and work your way up.
    >>
    >>Twan van Gestel wrote:
    >>

    >>>??/ So 3 should work?
    >>>
    >>>"Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> schreef in bericht

Hardware Support Sound Cards Microsoft Windows XP