Does XP support multiple soundcards? I have a problem!

April 19, 2005 11:40:03 PM

I installed four C-media soundcards for recording purposes but can't get
them to work properly.

Has XP a limit of one(1) soundcard?

Anyone an idea?

rgds, Twan - Netherlands
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 5:47:43 AM

Twan, four may be one two many.
"Twan van Gestel" <pa1kv@home.nl> wrote in message
news:D 43fur$ib1$1@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
>I installed four C-media soundcards for recording purposes but can't get
>them to work properly.
>
> Has XP a limit of one(1) soundcard?
>
> Anyone an idea?
>
> rgds, Twan - Netherlands

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 7:50:30 PM

??/ So 3 should work?

"Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> schreef in bericht
> Twan, four may be one two many.
> "Twan van Gestel" <pa1kv@home.nl> wrote in message
> news:D 43fur$ib1$1@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
>>I installed four C-media soundcards for recording purposes but can't get
>>them to work properly.
>>
>> Has XP a limit of one(1) soundcard?
>>
>> Anyone an idea?
>>
>> rgds, Twan - Netherlands

April 20, 2005 7:50:31 PM

I think you start with one and work your way up.

Twan van Gestel wrote:

> ??/ So 3 should work?
>
> "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> schreef in bericht
>
>>Twan, four may be one two many.
>>"Twan van Gestel" <pa1kv@home.nl> wrote in message
>>news:D 43fur$ib1$1@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
>>
>>>I installed four C-media soundcards for recording purposes but can't get
>>>them to work properly.
>>>
>>>Has XP a limit of one(1) soundcard?
>>>
>>>Anyone an idea?
>>>
>>>rgds, Twan - Netherlands

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 2:52:19 PM

I tryed that. One works (ofcourse) two or more makes a mess....

While each card gets his own IRQ and memory range for its driver!

Anyone runs XP with 2 or more sound cards? How?

rgds Twan - Netherlands

"Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
>I think you start with one and work your way up.
>
> Twan van Gestel wrote:
>
>> ??/ So 3 should work?
>>
>> "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> schreef in bericht
>>
>>>Twan, four may be one two many.
>>>"Twan van Gestel" <pa1kv@home.nl> wrote in message
>>>news:D 43fur$ib1$1@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 2:52:20 PM

There can be only ONE default sound card. Some folks have installed a
different second one that is assigned to "non-windows sounds". As far as
I know you are not able to install sound cards and assign them in the
manner that you would with Com ports or LPT ports. You may wish to
contact the sound card manufacturer for assistance in this endeavor.

!