SS51G cpu multiplier problem...

I just got an SS51G and I put a P4 2.6GHz in it
(version with hyperthreading).

When I boot I don't get 2.6GHz, I only get 1.3GHz.
Benchmarks confirm it's running at half speed.
I'm pretty sure I have the latest bios (the date
and version looks ok).

What can I do?

--
<\___/>
/ O O \

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:05:14 +0100, fungus <openglMY@SOCKSartlum.com>
wrote:

>I just got an SS51G and I put a P4 2.6GHz in it
>(version with hyperthreading).
>
>When I boot I don't get 2.6GHz, I only get 1.3GHz.
>Benchmarks confirm it's running at half speed.
>I'm pretty sure I have the latest bios (the date
>and version looks ok).
>
>What can I do?

Instead of running at 13x 200fsb it is running 13x 100fsb.
you can try to go into the bios and manually set the parameters. Are
you sure that board even supports that processor? Is it an
800fsb chip? The SS51g only officially supports up to 533fsb.

Joe