I have an ss50 and I think the motherboard has gone bad. No video so no
bios memory check visable, lights and fans do come on and drive seems
to be spinning up. I took memory out one by one and still the same
deal. Any help appreciated even if its just confirming my thoughts.

On 29 Mar 2005 20:17:32 -0800, thartle@gmail.com wrote:

>I have an ss50 and I think the motherboard has gone bad. No video so no
>bios memory check visable, lights and fans do come on and drive seems
>to be spinning up. I took memory out one by one and still the same
>deal. Any help appreciated even if its just confirming my thoughts.

Have you unplugged everything from the unit (including hdd, cdr and
taken out all add-on cards? have you reset the BIOS? Monitor ok?
Have you tried a different video card in the machine? Do you have
a different cpu or ram you can try?

Just a couple of thoughts. Good luck.

Joe

Jonathan

J.B. wrote:
> On 29 Mar 2005 20:17:32 -0800, thartle@gmail.com wrote:
>

>>I have an ss50 and I think the motherboard has gone bad. No video so no
>>bios memory check visable, lights and fans do come on and drive seems
>>to be spinning up. I took memory out one by one and still the same
>>deal. Any help appreciated even if its just confirming my thoughts.
>

> Have you unplugged everything from the unit (including hdd, cdr and
> taken out all add-on cards? have you reset the BIOS? Monitor ok?
> Have you tried a different video card in the machine? Do you have
> a different cpu or ram you can try?
>
> Just a couple of thoughts. Good luck.
>
> Joe

After the above, you could buy/borrow a BIOS POST code card. Tells you
what the BIOS is doing. Very helpful if you don't have video or beep
codes or anything else to go on.

-Jonathan

FWIW I had an SB61G2 that exhibited many of the same symptoms. I swapped
out everything I could think
of, except the power supply (was under the erroneous impression that there
was something different about the
SFF power supplies). I ended up returning the system to Newegg for a swap.
New unit fired up first time and hasn't hiccupped yet. Shuttle tech support
confirmed that symptoms were emblematic of a bad p.s.

Jeff