Paul

Splendid

If my CMOS battery fails what will happen to my system? Is it just a case of
replacing the battery and everything will be OK?

Thanks

Paul,

Fortunately, these batteries fail rarely and over time. The usual indication
of failure is inability of the computer clock to keep correct time. It is a
good idea to write down all your BIOS settings before you remove the failing
battery.

The batteries are readily available ( I've found them in supermarkets ) and
easily changed. If you pop the old one out and are reasonably quick
replacing it, none of the BIOS settings are lost. I think the worst that
could happen is that all the BIOS settings would revert to the default
settings if you dilly too long putting in the new battery.

Wayne

"Paul" <stryda1@telefonica.net> wrote in message
> If my CMOS battery fails what will happen to my system? Is it just a case
> of replacing the battery and everything will be OK?
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS