Building a SN95G5v2 system need some advice

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 30, 2005 4:22:55 PM

Hi,

I have speced this system,

Sparkle GF 6600GT 128MB DDR
Shuttle SN95G5 V2
2 X GeilĀ® 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz with Aluminium heat spreader
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester

Can anyone see anything wrong with the config? Will the GPU fit ok and
the PSU deliver enough power to run all of that stuff? The ram was
just the cheapest semi decent stuff i could find you think it's ok?

I have already got an IDE 160gb Samsung HDD and an IDE DVD writer.
Will that work i mean does the shuttle allow 2 IDE drives and will it
boot from the IDE HDD?

Anything else you think i'm missing out please comment thanks in
advance
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 2, 2005 4:08:00 PM

"NAX" <im_not_actually@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have speced this system,
>
> Sparkle GF 6600GT 128MB DDR
> Shuttle SN95G5 V2
> 2 X GeilĀ® 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz with Aluminium heat spreader
> AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester
>
> Can anyone see anything wrong with the config? Will the GPU fit ok and
> the PSU deliver enough power to run all of that stuff? The ram was
> just the cheapest semi decent stuff i could find you think it's ok?
>
> I have already got an IDE 160gb Samsung HDD and an IDE DVD writer.
> Will that work i mean does the shuttle allow 2 IDE drives and will it
> boot from the IDE HDD?
>
> Anything else you think i'm missing out please comment thanks in
> advance

yup, it'll fit, and yup the PSU can deliver enough.

as with most modern systems the motherboard will support up to 4 IDE
devices. Have the DVD on one channel and the HD on the other one. You can
set it to boot from any device through the bios
!