sn85 G4 v1

Hi, I have an SN85 G4 v1 which has phantom overheating - the CPU and
motherboard are quoted as running at around 75 celsius and the
computer often switches itself off and wont restart for about an
hour.
Yet the CPU is always cool to the touch! This all started suddenly but
before this the fan was always revving up and down even when no
applications were running. Help! :?

Stephen

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 23:12:19 +0000,
simone.f@virgin-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (daxxmaxx) had a flock of
green cheek conures squawk out:

>Hi, I have an SN85 G4 v1 which has phantom overheating - the CPU and
>motherboard are quoted as running at around 75 celsius and the
>computer often switches itself off and wont restart for about an
>hour.
>Yet the CPU is always cool to the touch! This all started suddenly but
>before this the fan was always revving up and down even when no
>applications were running. Help! :?

Is the fan running at all? I just got a v3, and the fan outlet in the
back is always warm. Check the fan settings in the bios.

Could be a corrupt cmos setting. Try clearing cmos and reset your
bios settings.

Stephen